To support the SPA Improvement Programme Manager to meet the aims objectives and priorities of the Authority.
To manage the scoping and delivery of a range of projects to time, quality and cost measures, as required.
To advise executive team on opportunities for improvement and development including the requirement for investment.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To manage a range of varied projects commissioned by the senior management team of the Authority, ensuring that project is appropriately scoped, resource requirements are forecast and work plans are produced and revised as appropriate.
2. To effectively apply programme and/or project governance standards, practices, and procedures appropriately, tailored to the needs of the project to ensure successful delivery.
3. To produce and review with team members the project products and deliverables to ensure that these will meet the agreed scope and requirements.
4. To work with colleagues to identify the requirements and resource need, and assign individual responsibilities to team members to ensure delivery in line with time, quality, cost measures.
5. To manage the day-to-day operational aspects of the project and its scope.
6. To manage and contribute to reviews and quality assurance procedures.
7. To identify and minimize the exposure and risk on agreed projects.
8. To identify and manage project dependencies.
9. To ensure the resolution and or escalate issues so that the project meets time, quality and cost measures.
10. To manage the financial aspects of the project where appropriate.
11. To ensure that agreed project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
12. To chair regular status meetings with project teams and users.
13. To develop and execute agreed communication plans to keep stakeholders appropriately informed of project progress and changes.
14. To identify opportunities for improvement and makes constructive proposals for change and development.
15. To maintain specialist knowledge and keep informed and knowledgeable on emerging industry trends and practices.
16. To work flexibly, adapt to changing priorities, support colleagues across SPA and undertake additional duties in support of organisational resilience as required.
17. Will be responsible for assessing and self-managing risk within all aspects of the role.
The above accountabilities and responsibilities are not exhaustive, and the Jobholder may be required to undertake additional duties that are consistent with the level and grading of the role.
Educated to HND level or equivalent.
In the absence of formal qualifications, relevant working experience is required in order to support familiarisation and on the job training for the role.
Project Management Qualification