Head of SPA Corporate Management
To ensure the efficient and effective coordination of all SPA internal business and delivery of corporate management support to the wider SPA executive staff.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To support the Chief Operating Officer in ensuring effective management of the SPA Corporate Business hub.
2. To shape and contribute to strategy, policy and plans of the Authority to ensure that its aims, objectives and priorities are delivered.
3. To ensure all SPA business is coordinated consistently across the organisation and management reports are delivered to a high standard.
4. Ensure the appropriate use of existing confidential paper and electronic filing systems to enable the timeous retrieval of files/correspondence in addition to recording information accurately to ensure records management and legislative requirements are adhered to.
5. To ensure all SPA improvement measures are tracked and responded to appropriately and timeously.
6. Design, develop, implement and maintain a corporate performance framework for business support that meets the needs of all stakeholders.
7. To ensure that viable opportunities are progressed through the appropriate governance framework including the development of business cases and delivery plans.
8. To ensure the establishment and maintenance of all Service Level Agreements (SLA) between SPA and Police Scotland with regards to services provided by Police Scotland on behalf of SPA.
9. To provide escalation resources for all issues identified with regards to SLAs.
10. To provide leadership and day to day management of a professional group of staff, setting direction and performance expectations.
11. Will be responsible for managing and assessing risk within all areas of managerial/supervisory responsibility.
The above accountabilities and responsibilities are not exhaustive, and the Jobholder may be required to undertake additional duties that are consistent with the level and grading of the role.
Educated to Degree level or equivalent in a specific discipline OR In the absence of formal qualifications, relevant working experience in an information assurance
environment is required
Excellent oral and written Communication Skills
Excellent prioritisation and organisational skills
Display effective leadership, able to work on own initiative, consistency of approach, efficient, able to exercise sound judgment.
Confident and self assured with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
Good interpersonal skills, ability to work on own and as part of a team.
Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders
Experience of project management/delivery