The Millennium Hotel Glasgow is seeking a Sous Chef to take responsibility for ensuring smooth running of all areas of the kitchen, carry out orders from the Head Chef in a correct manner and generally ensuring that the Company’s high standards of guest care are upheld at all times.
Working as part of our Kitchen team and reporting to the Head Chef, you will enjoy multi-tasking and prioritising your workload whilst supervising your team as well as providing our guests with a consistent professional service by demonstrating your excellent customer service and excellent communication skills.
As a Sous Chef your responsibilities will include:
- To display a pleasant manner and positive attitude at all times and to promote a good company image to colleagues.
- Assisting the Head Chef in controlling food costs and achieving gross profit targets (including monitoring waste).
- Operate and clean equipment correctly and safely, adhering to maintenance and cleaning schedules.
- Placing food orders on behalf of the Head Chef and in accordance with purchasing instructions and specifications. Supervising receipt of delivery controls, authorising acceptance by signature and overseeing correct storage of goods received.
- To adhere to all regulations relating to Health & Safety, Hotel rules and regulations, Food Safety and Emergency procedures.
- Assist the Head Chef in the planning of creative menus within cost targets and to prescribed quality standards.
The Experience & Qualifications required as Sous Chef are:
- Previous experience in the Hotel industry
- Outstanding experience in the kitchen with food preparation and people management
- Proven culinary skills
Other Skills required as Sous Chef are:
- Enthusiastic and motivated, with a good eye for detail and accuracy.
- The role also relies on developing a relationship with other departments in the hotel, hence it is crucial you are able to communicate effectively to ensure control measures are understood and adhered to.
About the Hotel
The Millennium Hotel Glasgow is a striking Victorian building, located in the heart of the city’s cultural and retail activities and offers 61 stylish guest rooms. Guests staying in Club and Suite accommodation can enjoy upgraded in-room amenities and access to the private Club Lounge.
The Brasserie on George Square offers a blend of Scottish and European cuisine with something for everyone on the menu. The Millennium Lounge offers an alternative dining experience with the conservatories, overlooking George Square, being the perfect place to enjoy afternoon tea with friends and family.
About the Group
Millennium Hotels and Resorts owns and operates a portfolio of over 120 hotels worldwide. In Europe, our 24 hotels provide the perfect gateway to explore landmark locations, with many iconic attractions and business hubs close by.
Properties under the group are placed into three collections; Leng’s Collection, Millennium Collection and Copthorne Collection. Each collection has its own distinct personality, character and clearly defined hotel brands within it; tailored to suit different types of guests
We offer a benefits package including:
·Group Personal Pension Plan
·Company Sharesave Scheme
·Meals Provided on Duty
·Employee Discounted Accommodation
·Employee Discount on Food & Beverage and Hotel Restaurants
·Friends and Family, (discounted) Accommodation Rate
·Length of Service related holiday scheme
·Uniform (Laundry / Dry Cleaning for Uniform)
·Eye Care Vouchers
·Long Service Awards
·Employee of the Month / Year
·Recommend a Friend Scheme
·Enhanced Paternity Leave
.... As well as real opportunities to develop and gain promotion within the industry.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.