Process Engineering Opportunity
The role is based at a Process Plant and is suitable for Process Engineers seeking the opportunity to play a key part in the Process team, focusing on plant performance and helping the site achieve its objectives.
Your new role
Working for the Process Engineering Manager, the main elements of the role include -
- Maintain high safety standards and challenge others to work safely.
- Monitor key process parameters, identify actions and define instructions to deal with deviations from targets.
- Conduct day to day and longer term investigations to improve performance and optimise plant operations.
- Implement systems, tools and procedures to optimise the production process.
- Support, and where appropriate lead, multidisciplinary teams, projects, Plant Improvement Plans (PIP) and other initiatives to meet business targets.
- Build and maintain positive relations with other teams to achieve the plant's goals.
- To ensure that technical surveys performed on the process are relevant and adequate then make recommendations concerning the modifications to be made on various control parameters or on the process
- To define instructions and procedures concerning process key parameters and to inform and train operational staff and advise on plant operating techniques (in conjunction with the Production Department).
- To participate and lead process studies and audits which are deemed necessary or which are requested by the line management, with the possible assistance of experts from the technical centre
- To maintain and improve Health Safety and Environmental standards appropriate to this role
What you'll need to succeed
Ideally candidates will have a Chemical Engineering Degree, or related subject, ideally have worked at a Process Plant and have over two years experience in Process Engineering . Other desired skills include -
- Strong IT skills, in particular proficient in the use of Pi and MS office packages
- Environmental awareness in relation to developing a positive impact on the business.
- Strong knowledge of the physico-chemical products
- Good knowledge of process control methods and statistical methods for troubleshooting.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Competent to assist the development of production operators to enhance the effectiveness of the process
- High safety standards and a wide knowledge of Health and Safety management techniques (e.g. Risk Assessments)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Influencing skills
What you'll get in return
The position offers the opportunity to work for at a specialist process plant and learn from Senior Engineers with extensive skills and experience. In addition to training they will offer a competitive salary and benefits. To find out more please call Alasdair Reid on .