Home Carer/Personal Assistant - Kilmarnock
Constance Care have an exciting opportunity to work with one of our clients on a one-one basis in the Kilmarnock Area, this is a Part Time position however hours can be made up to Full Time with other Home Care clients if required.
Full Time/Part Time – Female* Home Carer/Personal Assistant
Mix of:Monday 11am-10pm
Friday 11am-6pm & 6pm-6am (overnight)
Saturday and Sunday 11am-10pm (Alternate Weekends)
Let our client tell you more about the role
I am an upbeat, adventurous lady living in my own tenancy in the Kilmarnock Area. I am wheelchair bound and have Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy, which affects the nervous system and causes extreme pain & controlled Type 2 Diabetes therefore, I am looking for someone to support me to live independently in my home and wider community.
Ideally, you will be an animal lover as I have a cat & dog who are a big part of my life, I enjoy the outdoors and walking my dog, it would be great if you enjoyed sharing this time with me.
I like to make the most of my “good days” and get out and about. I am very sociable and enjoy trips to the cinema to see films like Starwars or Harry Potter however, I am open to all genres as it’s important to me that you enjoy the film too. I also like going shopping and to the local pub to socialise.
On a less active day, I prefer to watch films like Mamma Mia and do arts & crafts in the house. I am good at making celebration cards but sometimes needs assistance with this. I have an interest in fashion and music but prefer the older stuff like The Beatles or Abba, although like to hear new things if you have any suggestions!
Things I feel it’s important that you know…
- I have seizures, ideally you will have experience helping someone with seizures or be comfortable with this.
- I smoke, you will be helping me in my own home however, I do this outside or at the door on a rainy day.
- I have a mobility vehicle which you will be required to drive, we will train you on how to use the ramp etc. but you will need to be a confident driver as I like to go shopping and day trips out with Kilmarnock on occasion.
- My family are a massive part of my life, we will often visit each other.
- It is important to me that I am treated as the adult I am, that I have choices and my opinions are valued.
I need help with…
- Personal Hygiene Care – all aspects
- Medication Support
- Meal Preparation
- Domestic Support such as laundry, hoovering, dusting & changing my bed
- Arranging and attending appointments
Are you a fun, energetic, self-starter who is willing to adapt daily to meet my needs?
If so, apply now. To apply, please submit your CV or call the Recruitment Team on
*** Driving Licence Essential**
Experience Preferred, although full training will be provided.
Whilst we value your application, due to the high volume of interest in our opportunities, only applicants that meet the basic criteria of the role requirements will be considered.
+We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
+All posts are subject to Disclosure Scotland PVG vetting
*terms and conditions apply / Gender specific requirements are permitted under schedule 9, part 1 of the Equality Act 2010