Senior Data Analyst
Senior Data Analyst
Edinburgh (UK Mobile)
Role Overview /Description:
In Data & Analytics, we have the responsibility of helping the Bank to make better use of data for business decisions, operations and in driving customer interactions. The team is unique in the financial services industry in that it has end-to-end responsibility for data across the Bank and includes the Chief Data Officer, multi-channel customer contact, analytics and data-related technology and change delivery. The team is also responsible for the Bank's strategic change programme for data across all customer franchises. As a result, all 800+ members of the team have the support of the highest levels of authority in the Bank and a big part to play in the Bank's transformation.
- Deliver high quality, clear and accurate current state management information within agreed timescales.
- Input into quality business solutions, including analysis solutions.
- Typically work independently on small single or multiple projects or small components (workstreams) of larger projects that are multi-discipline
- Identify and Investigate Data Quality issues to root cause
- Experience in utilising SAS/ SQL / Teradata for analytical investigations, report review and creation
- Experience in a business change environment
- Good understanding of business analysis/project management methodology and it’s practical application
- Experience of root cause analysis
- Matrix manage data suppliers and stakeholders both on and offshore
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player with a strong desire to make positive change in the organisation
- Deep understanding of data quality and data governance
- Good understanding of Customer and UK Credit Bureaux data.
- Excellent MS Office skills, ability to use Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Visio and MS Project to a high standard
- Legible for PS4 Checks
- Experience in a financial services/banking environment (preferred)