Construction Resource Manager - Onshore Wind
Eden Scott's client is a hugely successful, private equity backed company operating within the global renewable energy sector. The core business is wind turbine supply with various key internal functions including Sales, Projects, Engineering and Service. The company prides itself on a solid track record in the supply, installation and maintenance of high performance, large scale wind turbines across both onshore and offshore wind.
An excellent 12 month temporary contract opportunity exists for a suitably qualified Construction Resource Manager (UK & Ireland) to be based within the Projects Department and located in the Edinburgh office.
Reporting to the Lead Project Manager, the role will involve frequent travel required to project sites, Client meetings and occasionally to Europe for training and meetings with colleagues.
The Construction Resource Manager (UK & Ireland) will be responsible for the supervision and coordination of the construction resources for projects and for maintenance of the Site Management System supporting the construction works. Some key responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for the appointment of Site Managers and internal requests for Installation Managers and Commissioning Engineer teams to meet the project programme requirements.
- Maintenance of the Site Management Systems with updates and additions as required.
- Construction resource planning for projects ensuring sufficient and competent Site Managers, Installation Managers, Commissioning Engineers are appointed.
- Line Manager to the Site Managers and PSST team for snags and walk downs.
- Demonstrable expert knowledge of construction, particularly good experience of cranes and heavy lift planning desirable. Crane appointed person an advantage.
- Good contract knowledge, particularly of FIDIC standard form contract.
- proficient user of Microsoft Project or similar software.
- Knowledge of electrical installation and electrical regulations an advantage.
- Understanding of Construction QA/QC processes
- Engineering / Construction graduate or equivalent experienced professional in the field of Engineering / Construction (any discipline).
- Experience of managing complex construction projects and high value projects in the construction sector. It is advantageous if this has included Renewable Energy or come from a Civil Construction background.
- Good project commercial awareness and experience of managing construction contracts although no direct responsibility for doing so.
- Effective networking skills.
- Ability to influence at all levels and excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Working experience with cranes and heavy lifting desirable.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Willingness to travel as required to the project sites and meetings.