Head of Data and Analytics
Head of Data and Analytics - Glasgow - £60K to £80K - ASAP
Your new company
A global organisation who is expanding really quickly using technology as an enabler is looking for a strong Head of Data & Analytics to provide expert and professional data management, analytical and reporting services to the organisations UK business. This organisation is a market leader in their industry and their bespoke, in-house developed system has helped them expand their services into some of the biggest retail organisations in the world.
Your new role
Your responsibilities will include:
Strategy, Planning & Architecture
- Definition of the future state data management and analytics architecture and roadmap that aligns to the overall Business and IT strategy
- Contribute to the definition of the overall IT strategy and the annual IT business plan
- Research & document emerging IT data management & analytics technologies and their applicability within the organisation
- Support business case/ROI definition for strategic investments
- Contribute to the formulation of IT policies, e.g. Secure IT architecture
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the IT technical strategy, in particular, the optimisation of the data warehouse
- Risk assessment on key 3rd party solutions where relevant
- Define the delivery/change roadmap with key sponsors
- Shape, manage and deliver a data and analytics projects across the UK organisation.
- Work closely with stakeholders to ensure projects meet business needs building trust and confidence in the project delivery process
- Plan and secure all project resources with relevant business units, internal suppliers such as group IT and external suppliers, e.g. Microsoft
- Establish and run project governance frameworks to ensure accountability and transparency of delivery status and performance for all parties
- Elicit requirements using workshops, interviews, document analysis, business process descriptions, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Day-to-day project planning and control
- Work with IT suppliers (internal and external) to agree clear and measurable IT work-packages as a component of the end-to-end project delivery
- Define and deliver effective and efficient BAU services incorporating data cleaning, day-to-day data quality management, ad hoc or pre-planned reporting services.
Data & Analytics Capability Management
- Timely and effective provision of data warehouse architecture and design services to projects.
- Timely and effective IT provision of data management and analytics services to projects and operations.
- Overall line management of 10-15 colleagues (permanent and contract).
- Capability development through the evolution and enhancement of data management and analytics methodologies, toolsets and colleague skillsets, aligning to industry best practice and key technology trends where the organisation stands to benefit
Quality Assurance & Implementation
- Ensure the development and implementation of IT technical policies, standards and procedures related to the organisations IT services
- Provide effective software configuration and release management services across all data management and analytics IT deliveries
- Collaborate effectively with other IT teams as well as the wider business stakeholders to ensure adequate and appropriate re-use of group data mgt and analytics capabilities
- Contribute to key stakeholder IT planning and collaboration groups across the organisation.
- Effective resource management of all team resources (capacity planning, allocation & utilisation).
- Effective and efficient development and delivery of data management and analytics software and services (safe, reliable and fit-for-purpose)
- Effective budget management
- Effective line management (timely 121s, on-time appraisals, development and progression plans)
What you'll need to succeed
The skills you need to be considered:
- Strategic BI and data warehouse delivery
- In-depth understanding of business intelligence / data warehousing implementation best practices and application development best practices
- Microsoft business intelligence technologies
- Report preparation and delivery for Senior Stakeholders
- Microsoft Azure BI and Data Warehouse services (desired)
- Demonstrable delivery record of large scale/multi business unit BI/data warehouse projects
- 10-15 years designing and operating data warehouses and business intelligence platforms
- Experience in matrix-managing multi-disciplinary teams
- Managing project managers/IT work-package leads
- Managing 3rd parties
- Workshop facilitation
- Presentation skills
- Influencing and negotiating (desirable)
- IT work-package management (desirable)
- Team management (desirable)
- Application design and development (desirable)
- Experience with agile software development (desirable)
You will need to be an individual who has strong business sense and a really good communication at all levels (conversely or written). Ambition, ability to work to tight time scales and a can-do attitude will be highly considered for this role
What you'll get in return
A remuneration package which represents the current market and the opportunity to head and build a team in an expanding, global, leading organisation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.