PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Aramark is currently recruiting for a Chef to work as part of the Hestia team working Side by Side with the MOD to deliver soft FM services.
You'll be part of a very big family and you are joining a winning team that is proud of its success. We draw our expertise, systems and processes from both parent companies who, together, have over 50 years' experience of supporting the Armed Forces.
We do what we say. We keep our promises and we will deliver them with your help - Side by Side and successful together!
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE JOB
- To provide a professional, cost effective catering service by supporting the Facilities Team in delivering catering services across MOD estates.
Supervises, coordinates, and participates in activities of cooks and other kitchen personnel engaged in preparing and cooking foods in hotel, restaurant, cafeteria, or other establishment:
- Estimates food consumption, and requisitions or purchases foodstuffs.
- Receives and examines food stock and supplies to ensure quality and quantity meet established standards and specifications.
- Selects and develops recipes based on type of food to be prepared and applying personal knowledge and experience in food preparation.
- Supervises personnel engaged in preparing, cooking, and serving meats, sauces, vegetables, soups, and other foods.
- Cooks or otherwise prepares food according to recipe.
- Contributes to the achievement of sustainability objectives through personal behaviour and adapting working practices where required
JOB LEVEL OVERVIEW
The Job Holder will be subject to close supervision and will work within clearly established work routines/instructions. The job holder will be competent in the application of standardised work routines and/or the use of non-specialist machinery & equipment. The Job Holder's direct impact on business performance will be at a local level.
- Responsible for the completion of a variety of straightforward, stand-alone tasks or high-volume transactions within set rules and instructions
- Takes instruction and will be subject to regular local supervision of progress against results and escalates issues when required
- Likely to be a member of a team that focuses on day-to-day routine tasks with some understanding for wider planning where necessary.
- Responsible for the delivery of their own defined set of work including planning and decision-making
- Interacts with stakeholders around specific work efforts and deliverables
- Supports delivery of Health and Safety policy and standards, specifically food safety
- Has awareness of cost/benefit as applicable to tasks performed
- Not typically responsible for supervising others- if they do, spends more than 80% of time as a team member rather than supervisor
- Not responsible for the development of others
KNOWLEDGE AND APPLIED SKILLS
- Able to perform role to the required standard within a short period after completion of training
- NVQ Level 2 qualification as a minimum