Business Development Assistant
The post holder is deemed to have significant responsibility in a complex and demanding environment providing full project support to the Business Development Advisor and Head of Service. This will require a considerable amount of autonomous working to ensure the efficient response to all social care mission and wider business development workload on a day-to-day basis.
- To implement effective planning on multiple projects to support the overall Business Development section meeting necessary deadlines.
- To assist in the planning and development of new initiatives.
- To liaise and work collaboratively with the Business Development Officers and administrative support to provide cover in their absence.
- To liaise and work collaboratively with Supporter Development as identified in the Operating Plan for the Business Development team.
- To keep abreast of developments in Social Care and Business Development
- Hold responsibility for the upkeep and maintenance of the Social Care forum website linking with the Advisor to ensure strategic objectives are met.
- To establish and efficiently maintain a filing system, ensuring that all filing is kept up-to-date.
- To communicate with staff within the Services or in Regional and Head Offices when necessary to seek or pass on information.
- To attend internal and external meetings, training courses and seminars as required.
- To organise meetings as required taking responsibility for organising diaries, booking venues, making travel arrangements and taking minutes when required.
- To provide administrative support to the Business Development Advisor and Head of Service when required.
- To draft and type minutes, reports and letters as required.
- Any other duties which may reasonably fall within the parameters of the post.
- Reflect Christian love from own Christian experience.
- Uphold and reflect behaviours consistent with the Christian Faith and the CrossReach values.
- Lead daily Christian worship in accordance with CrossReach daily guidelines.
- Provide Christian support to service users and staff if requested.
- Open staff meetings and changeovers with set prayer and bible reading.
- Explain the Christian faith to those who ask.
Essential - Degree in Business and/or Marketing and/or Communications.
Desirable - Evidence of commitment to learning on an ongoing basis.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to support the Business Development Advisor in managing project deadlines.
- Be familiar with project planning tools.
- Be able to communicate with staff at all levels of the organisation as well as people from external agencies.
- To have good organisational skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and within agreed deadlines.
- IT Training in Microsoft Packages, word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
- Accurate typing skills.
- Be customer focused.
- ECDL or equivalent: advanced Word/Excel training
- Ability to input to strategic plan.
- Experience of working in a busy Communications department.
This is a 12 months temporary post and is being recruited as a Graduate Internship.