Insurance Account Handler/ Insurance Broker - Edinburgh
Private Client, Property and Liability Insurance Account Handler
One of the UK’s leading independently owned Insurance Brokers is now recruiting for a Property and Liability Private Client Account Handler to join their Edinburgh office.
Key Accountabilities will be as follows:
- To offer broking and account handling support to an account executive;
- Preparation of renewal schedules, contacting clients in advance of their renewal dates;
- Negotiating with insurers to obtain preferential quotes where appropriate;
- Being responsible for all associated processing and documentation including creating and sending invoices, credit notes ensuring a smooth and trouble-free renewal for the client.
- To be first port of call for claims, handling them efficiently and within the required timescales;
- To foster good relationships with clients as well as insurers and colleagues alike.
- Work within limits of delegated authority on schemes.
- To act as credit controller for your clients.
In return for experience and hard work, a salary of between £22,000 and £27,000 will be on offer along with an excellent benefits package and study support.
To apply, please send your CV to jenny @ tempestjones . com
To be considered for this role, candidates must have broking experience preferably within High Net Worth Personal Lines and/or in property and liability insurance. You will have knowledge of a wide range of commercial insurance products and companies, obtaining quotes and placing business.
Excellent communication skills both written and oral are a must as are negotiation skills with insurers. You will have a polished and well-presented appearance.