Member Services & Communications Manager
Do you love Scotland's mountains? Mountaineering Scotland is looking to recruit a new Member Services and Communications Manager based in our Perth Office. This is an exciting opportunity to lead the delivery of membership services and communications for the national representative body for hill walkers, climbers and snowsport tourers in Scotland.
With a growing membership of 14,000, we have an ambitious mission: to act as the voice of a diverse and active community which benefits from membership of Mountaineering Scotland, and to encourage mountaineering participation and sporting achievement, valuing Scotland’s mountains as places of adventure, escape and natural wonder. We are looking for a strong people manager with proven experience in a similar role. We welcome and actively seek applications from individuals from all sectors of society. No agencies.
The Membership and Communications Manager is responsible for leading a team to develop the member services offer, deliver on membership recruitment targets, and manage the organisation’s communications including the implementation of campaigns and promotional activity in support of Mountaineering Scotland objectives.
- Proven track record of leading a team and managing people to deliver results with an ability to motivate colleagues across the organisation to provide an excellent level of personal service to members.
- Commercially aware with demonstrable experience of successfully originating and implementing communications campaign and / or promotional activity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to originate copy for websites, magazines and social media.
- Effective time manager; organized, numerate and with experience of working both on own initiative, and with colleagues, to meet targets.
- IT literate with ability to use MS Office software and an understanding of digital marketing and how to use social media to influence target audiences.
- Outgoing personality, comfortable with establishing a rapport over the telephone or in person and willing to engage pro-actively with others.
- Creative, with the ability to develop original ideas and solutions to problems.
- A flexible approach including willingness to occasionally work during evenings and at weekends
Remuneration and benefits
- A salary of up to £31,982 p/a, plus an employer pension contribution to 6% of pensionable salary.
- Annual leave entitlement is 25 days in year one of employment, pro-rata to the start date, rising by one day per year of service to a maximum of 28 days.
- Public holidays are 10.5 days; with the exception of Christmas and New Year office closure arrangements.
Applications must be received by no later than 5pm on Monday 30 July.
We will notify interviewees on Monday 6 August or shortly thereafter and interviews will be held in Perth during week beginning 13 August 2018.
Further information and how to apply
- Visit our website at: www.mountaineering.scot/about-us/vacancies/vscm
- For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Mountaineering Scotland's CEO, Stuart Younie, on 01738 493942.