Insight and Evaluation Lead
To provide evidence-based evaluation and insight to inform and guide our Corporate Communications service. The jobholder will use continuous improvement as form of quality management that focuses on making incremental improvements to the corporate communications processes. This approach will be used to achieve goals such as increasing the accuracy of communications targeting, improving service quality, increasing customer satisfaction and providing higher quality leads to the Corporate Communications team and the wider organisation.
To develop an insight and business excellence approach for Corporate Communications to enable the department to deliver behaviour change campaigns that support policing priorities.
To carry out research and produce feedback and insight from a variety of internal and external sources.
In collaboration with relevant teams in other departments and partner organisations, create and develop a continuous improvement programme.
To identify communications opportunities across Police Scotland and partners. Lead on the development of communication policies, toolkits, checklists and guidance for the Corporate Communications department and wider organisation; using relevant insights and evaluation data.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develop communications policies, professional communication frameworks including an effective evaluation model, strategic planning and external business excellence and accredited programmes that protect and enhance the reputation of the organisation.
2. Contribute to the strategic planning of communications and campaigns: developing evidence-based data to underpin communications strategies and direct creative development, targeting and planning.
3. Facilitate the business partnering approach to develop and maintain a detailed knowledge of the internal and external practices; providing professional and robust insight and evaluation data that can be used to continuously improve the service delivered by the department.
4. Support and enable the Corporate Communications Department to produce robust evidence and the development of professional standards that make a significant contribution to the development of Police Scotland services.
5. Research, gather and analyse data to create targeted evaluation model for Corporate Communications (non digital and digital channels).
6. Develop SOPs/Policies/Toolkits/Training Programmes for the use of all channels.
7. Provide professional guidance on communications services that support decision making and the delivery of Police Scotland's strategic priorities and outcomes.
8. Contribute to the creation and development of a communications continuous improvement forum across the UK; working with existing groups/forums where and when appropriate, using the data and information to provide senior management with a programme of changes that enable organisational improvements.
9. Contribute in the development and preparation of reports, documents and briefings for senior management and our partners.
10. Identify and develop continuous improvement opportunities, approaches, practices and ways of working across Police Scotland and our partners; producing insight, business excellence, engagement reports and management information.
11. Identify and develop professional partnerships; building capability plans and CDP opportunities.
12. Keeping up to date with new technologies, developments in the marketing industry, and latest communications thinking in relation to Police Scotland's objectives.
13. Will be responsible for managing and assessing risk within all areas of managerial/supervisory responsibility.
The above accountabilities and responsibilities are not exhaustive, and the Jobholder may be required to undertake additional duties that are consistent with the level and grading of the role.
Educated to HND Level.
Have relevant experience in a research/insight/evaluation role, agency or client side.
Ability to work with minimum supervision where necessary and show own initiative.
Capable of preparing work accurately with attention to detail, especially finance related.
Experience of providing communications Insight and Evaluation support in a multi-agency environment and across diverse stakeholder groups.
Ability to inform and influence marketing/campaign plans/initiatives and communication strategies to meet with and support organisational goals and the current business plan.
Have highly developed communication and interpersonal skills with proven report writing and presentation skills. Highly developed organisational and planning skills are essential.
Respect for diversity and commitment to and understanding of equal opportunities.
In depth knowledge and experience of a range of research methodologies.
Experience of reporting and presenting research.
Good knowledge of behaviour-change theories and practical applications.
Experience of evaluation planning and deliver and setting Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint software.
Demonstrable experience in a corporate communications environment.
A DRIVING LICENCE IS: Desirable
The following supervisory competencies may be used for the selection process:
- Effective Communication
- Personal Effectiveness
- Problem Solving
- Service Delivery
- Team Working
This full time post is temporary for 23 months, working Monday to Friday 35 hours per week between 0900 -1700 and requires recruitment vetting.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: £30,291.00 to £34,575.00 /year