Lead Electronics Engineer
Senior Consulting Electronics Engineer
We have a vacancy for an enthusiastic and accomplished Electronics Engineer to lead development of innovative products for our customers, in markets ranging from Smart Metering, Oil & Gas, and Defence, to Life Sciences and Medical. This is a high-profile, prestigious opportunity for you to show off your talent in a fast-paced technical environment.
Essential Technical skills:
* 10+ years' experience developing electronic systems
* Schematic capture, PCB design, simulation
* Digital and analogue system design
* Microcontroller system architecture and design
* Flexibility to interpret a variety of datasheets, protocol documents, design specifications
* Verification of prototypes and transfer to manufacture
* Enjoy problem solving and working in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary technical environment
* Possess strong communication skills; both internal and customer facing
* Regularly investigate, develop and utilise new technologies, components and techniques, processes and tools
* Be comfortable creating customer-ready estimates, documentation and reports
* Track record of successfully delivering challenging PCB designs
* Understand business context and balance multiple projects
* Support and mentor more junior engineers
* Regularly use your extensive analogue and digital electronics skills to design, build and test complex electronics modules
* Appreciation for the basics of other branches of engineering (e.g. mechanical, software)
* Understand the importance of Quality Assurance procedures
The following skills are an advantage:
* Altium schematic capture and PCB layout
* Design experience with system interconnects RS232, USB, SPI, I2C, CAN, Ethernet etc.
* Power supply design
* High speed digital design experience
* Wireless modules/RF experience (e.g. Wifi, BLE/Bluetooth, RFID)
* Design experience with FPGAs, CPLDs and DSPs
* VHDL FPGA design
* EMC testing, failure analysis
* Experience of highly regulated development processes, e.g. medical devices, ATEX
* Basic C programming
We have been delivering electronic design solutions for more than a decade, including proof-of-concept to prototype to full production. The role involves a broad range of technically demanding projects, and the opportunity to develop initial ideas into real tangible products in short timescales. Being a design services environment, we focus on the needs of our customers.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.