Vehicle Appraiser 60171,173
This is an exciting opportunity to join British Car Auctions, a fast paced company that really values your skills and hard work - a chance to work for the BCA Branch Operations Team, a positive and focused team working for Europe’s largest vehicle remarketing company.
Main purpose of job:
To accurately determine and carry out an appraisal of vehicles offered for sale at the auction centre, in line with customers’ requirements, so that details of the condition and specification of vehicles entered onto the in-house system is accurate.
- Undertake appraisal/inspection of vehicles in line with customer requirements and enter information and pictures onto the Company hand held system accurately and in a timely manner. Ensure that non-runners are notified to the appropriate manager.
- Assess and log required repairs accurately.
- Be prepared to discuss the appraisal with customers’ representatives on site as required.
- Administer vehicle details at the gatehouse according to company or customer procedures.
- Refuel vehicles when necessary - onsite training will be given.
- Be able to meet a minimum daily target of between 48 - 60 vehicle inspections.
- Undertake reviews to ensure that knowledge of vehicles specification is current.
- Move vehicles around the site adhering to site speed limits and safe-driving practices at all times.
- Ensure that the Company’s health and safety standards and practices are adhered to in the yard & halls so that accidents to vehicles and people are prevented.
- Politely refer any issues, queries or complaints to the relevant manager.
- Undertake any cross-functional tasks in the yard department to ensure that operational requirements are met. This will include driving on sale days.
- Undertake ad-hoc tasks as necessary to meet the business needs and for your own personal development.
The yard & halls activities are predominantly undertaken outdoors, this means the job holder necessarily spends a significant proportion of their time exposed to all weather conditions throughout the year.
A flexible approach to working hours is required to meet the needs of the business, which are driven by the auctions.
Must hold a valid UK Driving License
Must be able to follow instructions
Willing to help other departments in busy periods
Good understanding of the English language (onsite safety reasons)
Experience of using an iPad
Working hours are Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 5.00pm. Including some weekends which will be paid as overtime. 8am until 12pm.
Working for BCA you will receive;
Benefits include a minimum of 31 days holiday Inc. Bank Holidays
Company pension scheme
Internal promotion as much as possible
Free parking onsite
Cycle to work scheme
Subsidised onsite restaurant
Uniform will be provided (excluding footwear)
Reward scheme that offers online and high street discounts
If you're looking for a career that has great teamwork, training, rewards, long-term scope and is going places - apply now!