Financial Reporting Manager
Change Recruitment are currently recruiting for our leading Edinburgh client a Financial Reporting Manager to take a high profile role in their group reporting team. Having responsibility for the delivery of the businesses timetable for month end close, the role will involve and cover a number of duties and responsibilities, not just limited to the production of statutory accounts with the successful candidate having board level face off and interaction with multiple business areas. Applicants must be CA/ACCA/CIMA qualified and be able to demonstrate accounts preparation as well as interacting with the business to discuss financial performance. Key duties will include;
- Preparation of financial statements in accordance with IFRS / Local GAAP
- Completion of consolidated reporting for a number of entities and the reporting of these to Group
- Preparing supplementary information covering regulatory and legislative returns
- Ensuring effective horizon scanning of statutory reporting changes and their potential impact on the business
- Review of current controls and processes to enhance reporting outputs where possible
- Working with key stake holders in the business at board level to discuss and review financial performance
- Preparing presentation documents and commentary around significant movements
- Interacting with stake holders in a number of departments to validate and challenge financial performance
- Lead role within year end close in the team
Strong communication skills are essential in this post with the client looking for an applicant with this and a solid financial reporting / controller skill set. Experience working within Financial Services is essential for the role as well as the ability to get up to speed and draw from past roles with a reporting and senior stakeholder face off slant to them. The role will also enable the individual to build a strong internal network with the view to a potential permanent post across finance.
The client gives the successful candidate a chance to develop a financial reporting skill set and have the autonomy and reach of a financial controller in a leading and renown organisation.
Salary: £55,000 + Strong benefits package