Our client is looking a Research Grants
A leading educational body
- Provide specialist expertise, knowledge and leadership with respect to specific areas of research support, for example, research application processes , contract management and research costing.
- Act as key contact to academic areas and as institutional lead for funding calls and applications.
- Develop positive relationships with academic colleagues and an understanding of their research and knowledge exchange priorities across to facilitate cross-disciplinary projects.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with external funders and attend funder events and seminars in order to remain up-to date with developments and guidelines and to develop useful networks. Act as an administrator for relevant funder portals e.g. the Research Councils' Joint Electronic Submission system (Je-S).
- Provide high level pro-active support and advice to academic colleagues in the development, approval and submission of successful funding proposals.
- Co-ordinate proposal preparation and ensure progression of bids and timely submission in line with University policies and procedures.
- Provide back up to the project costing in line with full economic costing (fEC) methodologies using pFACT costing and pricing system, price proposals to maximise cost recovery and complete the financial sections of applications.
- Draft elements of the proposal as required, e.g. justification of resources and standard HEI and administrative information, review and provide feedback on draft applications and review and check funding applications for accuracy and compliance with regulations prior to submission.
- Review, draft and negotiate funding agreements, collaborative research agreements and sub-contracts, and confidentiality agreements.
- Maintain up-to-date, consistent and appropriate contract templates and standard clauses in liaison with the Head of Finance and take the lead on negotiation and drafting of more complex contracts.
- Take the lead on ensuring that accurate records of applications and awards are maintained for all external funding applications for the purpose of regular reporting of research and KE activity for senior management and other audiences.
- Ensure that funder and reviewer feedback is recorded, and analyse and disseminate feedback to academic colleagues to inform future applications as appropriate.
- Significantly contribute to review, development and improvement of pre-award procedures and systems to facilitate efficient and effective pre-award support.
- Develop and maintain a repository of reference material concerning funding applications including guidance, FAQs, best practice examples and templates (e.g. justification of resources) and standard text to be used in applications.
- Develop and deliver briefing, awareness raising and training events.
- Any other duties commensurate with the role and grade, together with other areas of work as may be requested by the Head of Finance from time to time.
A candidate ideally from a Research Grants background
A competitive rate