Digital Content Producer (6 month contract)
We are looking for a digital writer who can engage online audiences for a short-term contract based in Dundee.
Specialist knowledge of the food or spirits industry would be advantageous but ultimately you will be an experienced and versatile writer who can successfully turn their hand to a wide range of high quality digital content.
- To source, manage, edit and produce high-quality digital content including text, graphics, embeds and video for websites and social channels which reflects the title’s style and brand
- To support and develop external input received from 3rd parties
- To develop and help manage social media channels, exploiting the likes of Facebook and Twitter to drive traffic to the sites and build engaged digital communities
- To ensure optimum social and search engine optimisation techniques are applied to the content
- To ensure all content is suitably tagged and categorised to agreed standards
- To ensure content is suitably checked for broken links, spelling and grammatical errors
- To support other team members as required.
Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Degree or relevant experience in SEO copywriting/ digital journalism, communications/humanities , digital marketing or similar
- Experience in producing and editing online content including text, images and multimedia
- Working knowledge of search engine optimisation techniques
- Knowledge of web content management systems
- Quick and accurate written skills including proofreading
- Basic image editing skills. Adobe Photoshop would be ideal.
- Experience with trending news content would be advantageous.
- A self-starter who loves to learn new and ever-changing digital tools
- Strong attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for digital content and the ability to translate specialist topics into an engaging style to suit a wider audience
- A positive “can do” attitude and willingness to work with others to achieve goals
- Specialist knowledge of trends in the food or spirits industry would be advantageous but not essential.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV, cover letter and previous examples of written work with your application.
This is a full-time, 6 month contract position, working 35 hours per week, working from our Meadowside Office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, Health Cash Plan, Onsite Staff Gym, Childcare Vouchers, excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.