Radio Innovations Consultant
We are looking for a sales focused individual to join our radio sales team.
This exciting role requires you to acquire new business, develop client relationships, networking and identify commercial opportunities utilising our portfolio of radio products. Enhanced by our DCT Media print, digital and events platforms.
Due to the nature of the role it is crucial that you are enthusiastic, creative, driven and possess a strategic mind-set whereby you are not afraid to think outside the box and push the norms. Previous B2C/B2B advertising sales experience is preferable.
As this is a field sales role a full driving license is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an outgoing personality.
- Strong self-motivation with a proactive mentality.
- A will to succeed in negotiation and objection handling are central to any sales environment, therefore you must be determined and resilient, constantly looking for new solutions to problems.
- Time management and attention to detail are the cornerstone to success, so being able adapt and prioritise is essential.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook), Google Suite would be advantageous.
- Achieve monthly revenue targets.
- Present credentials presentation to local advertisers and be able to leverage advertising sales.
- Provide accurate monthly revenue figures and forward projections to line manager.
- Manage client file and information accurately plus maintain up to date details and client file system.
- Correctly complete sales orders, follow traffic policy and oversee client relations.
Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Multimedia experience is highly desirable.
- Radio knowledge would be a benefit, however not essential.
- Strong and engaging personality.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
If you are super keen, please also send a 30 second video telling us why you are right for the job to our recruitment mailbox - Please note that this is optional.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week, working from our Buchanan Street Office and Meadowside Office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, Health Cash Plan, Onsite Staff Gym, Childcare Vouchers, excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
For further information, please visit careers.dcthomson.co.uk
Closing date for applications is 20th August 2018