Fugro is a leading provider of marine asset positioning services, experienced in the time-critical planning and execution of marine positioning projects. Throughout the world, we combine our technological resources in order to undertake complex projects and deliver the highest standards of performance.
An integral part of this is our remote service offering. The Office Assisted Remote Services (OARS) team strive to be the leading support providers for operational integration of acquisition, analytics and support via remote operations. We aim to deploy digital resources to resolve geographical restrictions in operations through command, control and communicate functionality. A career in the OARS command centre will be challenging but rewarding to the right people who see remote services as fundamentally important to support the requirements of the industry. Communication is a large part of the role and the ability to remain professional at all times whilst interacting with a range of stakeholders is essential, delivering information confidently and concisely. If this is career for you please get in contact and help Fugro lead the industry in digital innovation offshore.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an OARS Operator to join Fugro. The role will champion remote services throughout Europe from within the Command Centre in Aberdeen to meet Client requirements and Fugro expectations. The position will mobilise equipment as part of a remote service offering and will be responsible for providing expert remote support to all operations within the region utilising innovative and industry leading technology and protocols. The position will also proactively communicate with Client and project personnel offshore to provide service delivery in a clear and concise manner and will be responsible for collecting, arranging and presenting data and results.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities associated with this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- To ensure that all onshore and offshore activities are carried out with the highest regard to the health and safety of all involved to the protection of the environment and prevention of pollution.
- To ensure that all work is undertaken to the highest quality and professionalism in accordance with the company Integrated Management System and project specific documentation.
- To identify personal training needs, bring them to the attentions of the OARS Centre Manager and to take full advantage of the training opportunities provided.
- To champion remote services within Fugro.
- To proactively plan and supervise survey activities.
- To remotely operate online survey software and monitor the data quality to ensure required specification is achieved. Taking immediate corrective action where required.
- To receive and make outbound calls to remote project locations and provide confident, clear and concise information.
- Maintain up-to date and accurate vessel information and comprehensive hand-over notes.
- Conduct reporting and processing where required.
- Maintain and develop experience with different software applications and techniques.
- Commit to comply and continuously improve standardisation and best practice of OARS Command Centre.
- To maintain contact with other regional OARS Command Centres to ensure that the OARS control centre supports all requirements.
- Other tasks for which deemed competent as assigned by the OARS Centre Manager or Service Line Director.
- Be proactive in self-development and progress towards professional affiliation.
- A BSc / HND or equivalent in a relevant survey related discipline OR equivalent vocational qualifications and/or experience.
The following attributes are essential:
- Minimum 2 years experience within the offshore survey sector.
- Knowledge and experience of survey and positioning activities in the offshore sector.
- An understanding of the technical aspects undertaken offshore within the survey industry. Ability to provide delivery excellence through innovation.
- Disciplined, self-motivated and flexible.
- A confident communicator (verbally and written) and able to form working relationships with clients and colleagues at all levels through various methods.
- Ability to undertake shift work.
- Confident in problem solving.
- Proficient in time and priority management.
- Passionate and committed to remote services as a new way of working.
- Resident in the Aberdeen area or willing to relocate.
The following attributes are desirable:
- Subsequent qualifications or directly relevant vocational knowledge of specific applications e.g. geodesy, DGNSS, USBL, MBES, data telemetry and associated hardware and software.
- Experience at a supervisor level offshore.
- Good operational understanding of survey software and hardware.
- Understanding and interest in ICT equipment used for offshore communications and computer interfacing.
What we offer:
Fugro offers excellent remuneration and employment conditions with a challenging and diverse role.
To apply, please send CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 21 August 2018.
Fugro GB (North) Marine Limited is an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications are judged on the relevant skills and experience of the candidate only.
Apply for OARS Operator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly