Proposals Manger - up to £55,000 + Car + benefits. FTSE 250 organisation.
I am recruiting a Proposals Manager on behalf of a market leading FTSE 250 organisation that operates across defence, rail, and power, nuclear and marine. Operating globally, the business provides critical engineering support for both private and public sector clients.
As the Proposals Manager you will oversee all proposal activities, including directing proposal personnel, managing proposal schedules and deadlines, developing proposal outline and compliance matrix, and monitoring the progress of the proposal. Be able to write effective, concise and compelling content while under the pressure associated with deadlines. Have the ability to work in a team and to get accurate, high quality information from all bid stakeholders in order to produce bid collateral.
- Assist the Head of Bids / Business Development Manager / Bid Manager in managing and directing all proposal efforts and personnel
- Participate in the development and review of proposal strategies and themes, and manage the development of a Proposal Management Plan (PMP)
- Direct the creation and review of proposal outline that will be used as a key document design and control medium
- Assist in analysing the RFP / bid requirements against the proposal outline to ensure both compliance and responsiveness to the customer's issues and needs
- Build the proposal compliance matrix and track the fulfilment of all requirements
- Review completed storyboards and proposal sections to ensure requirements are adequately addressed and that customer page limits are not exceeded
- Conduct regular proposal progress status meetings and maintain the proposal schedule
- Develop a Pink Team (storyboard review) plan for the interim review and internal evaluation of the technical, management, and overall proposal approaches
- Direct writing/editing/rewriting efforts, as needed Work with the Volume Leaders to ensure inter-volume compatibility is achieved
- Develop a Red Team plan for the final review and internal evaluation of the proposal
- Ensure that appropriate Red Team comments are incorporated into the final proposal
- Direct the Bid Writer in all proposal development and production activities
- Other reasonable and normal duties associated with the Proposal Manager position, as directed by the Head of Bids / Business Development Manager / Bid Manager
- Required: Degree educated ideally English Literature, Journalistic, Marketing or professional writing background.
- Ideally: APMP certified or working towards.
- Advanced MS Word skills and proficient in MS Office
- Strong time management / prioritisation skills
- Strong written English language skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Proofing and auditing capability
- Confident, flexible and enthusiastic
This is an excellent opportunity for to work for a FTSE 250 organisation and develop into a future Bid Manager. If you are career focused and would like to continue your career with a market leading organisation get in touch on 0117 9309 726 or