An exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of the UK's Construction/FM players. The role of Mechanical Estimator will be based from the client's Glasgow offices and will report in directly to the Commercial Director. This is an exciting time to join as the company have ambitious development plans for their Scottish business.
The successful candidate will provide vital estimating and commercial support to a very busy M&E operations team during an exciting growth period for the Company.
You should be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of estimating/ commercial functions within the M&E sector. Experience of working with the ‘Estimation’ software would be an advantage.
Main duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
- Negotiate and prepare quotations for works as required in conjunction with the estimating, surveying and procurement procedures.
- Provide estimating and tender support functions predominantly in support of the Mechanical operations team.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety at Work Act, Construction Act and the CDM Regulations as they apply at all times.
- Ensure effective written and verbal communication of all critical corporate and operational issues within the department.
- Advise the Estimating manager and other senior managers of any issues or opportunities which arise within the tendering or estimating process.
- Undertake surveys and complete reports as required.
- Attend training courses as and where necessary and to ensure personal and team job skills keep pace with technical and business developments.
The package for this Mechanical Estimator position based in Glasgow is to £44,000 plus excellent benefits. If this role is relevant to you, please send your CV today for more information.