Office Angels are currently recruiting on behalf of our client for a Receptionist. This is a full-time role, located in Edinburgh City Centre. Office hours are Monday - Friday 8.45-5.30pm with an hour for lunch. Salary between £16,500 per annum.
- To ensure that the reception area operates efficiently and smoothly, dealing with callers and visitors in a courteous manner.
- To provide an efficient switchboard for the Business Centre and to assist the Office Manager in the general duties of the main reception, client servicing and visual standards.
- A high standard of presentation and effective, articulate communication is essential as the Receptionist is the first point of call and the face of the business.
General Responsibilities & Duties:
- Answering calls for both the centre and the clients and to ensure that all calls are directed to the appropriate person/client/company in a helpful and informed manner.
- To ensure all messages are forwarded as appropriate.
- To meet and greet visitors to the centre in a friendly and professional manner.
- Order stationary for staff, ensures that costs are kept to a minimum and keep stock control of stationary so that items are not over ordered.
- To handle client queries in a professional and courteous manner and direct to the relevant person.
- Post to be sorted into correct post boxes for collection by clients. Post in the out-tray to be franked. Special deliveries and courier parcels to be recorded in the parcel log.
- Take bookings and create individual booking forms for clients to sign upon exit. Help prepare rooms and refreshments when required, to help promote the meeting room service to internal and external clients/customers.
- To learn the basics of internet and telephony connections. To have a full understanding of client/centre call-transferring.
- Typing to be done as and when requested.
- To ensure that all kitchens are properly stocked with tea, coffee, sugar and milk at reception.
- To ensure that all maintenance needs are logged and passed to the Operations Manager in a timely fashion.
Experience, Skills, Attributes Required:
- Smart dress with a business like appearance.
- Experience of working in a team. Knowledge of using email, faxes, voicemails and copiers etc.
- Knowledge of office procedures, general Microsoft packages and the ability to use your initiative. Excellent communication skills to relate to both team members and clients within the centre.
- The ability to provide excellent customer service in a busy environment and to remain calm under pressure.
- Self motivated, Dynamic, Professional, Resilient.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours if required.
- Excellent telephone manner and ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing. Good command of the English language. Ability to convey information to individuals on the phone, by email and face to face. Ability to write standard memos, letters and emails.
Whilst we'd love to get back to every applicant personally, it isn't always possible and sadly we cannot provide individual feedback. If you are interested in this role and wish to be considered please click apply! This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Office Angels who are operating as an employment agency. Office Angels are an equal opportunities employer. **If you are currently registered with Office Angels and interested in this role please contact your consultant directly by email*
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://www.office-angels.com/candidate-privacy