Software Support Developer - .NET
Eden Scott's client, a leading FinTech company with offices in the centre of Edinburgh, is currently looking for a Software Support Engineer to join their growing team.
This is a multifaceted role and whilst if is mainly development focused, it also includes elements of Testing, product support and Databases in a C# / .net and SQL environment. The role will involve developing tools to help the team develop, test, debug and release software quickly and to a high standard every time. You will also get involved in mainline development projects from time to time.
Given the breadth of the role, they are happy to consider people from a variety of backgrounds. Maybe you're a Software Tester who is keen to work in a more development focused role? A Junior Developer ready for the next step in your career? A Database Support person looking for a wider remit? Or an existing Software Support Engineer looking for a new challenge?
Ultimately they are looking for someone who is inquisitive, likes breaking developer's products so the customers don't have to and is passionate about building quality. Ideally you will have previous commercial experience and a good mix of the following skills:
- Knowledge of C# / .NET
- Good knowledge of SQL Server and ideally Entity Framework
- Experience writing test scripts and code-based test automation frameworks, ideally Selenium
- It would be great to have experience of developing RESTful web services and REST APIs
- It would be useful to have knowledge of scripting languages such as Python or PowerShell for automaton
- knowledge of cloud computing would be beneficial
This is a great opportunity to work in in a fun, challenging and collaborative environment with opportunities for advancement and where performance is rewarded. To apply, please send your CV or for further information get in touch: or call me on 0141 410 1018.