Manual Miller/Tool Maker
Due to Retirement we are currently recruiting for a Manual Miller/Toolmaker for our sub contract engineering company established in 1941 and based in Glasgow. The company specialises in Machining, Design, Repair, Fabrication and Welding.
The successful applicant would be part of a team producing quality components for a wide range of industries including Aerospace, Utilities, Food and Drink adding a great variety to the role.
Duties and responsibilities would include:
* Reading and working to detailed Engineering Drawings and customers samples
* Operating various manual milling machines including Boko Mills and Bridgeport EZ Track ( training could be provided )
* Producing high quality parts to close tolerances
* Quality Inspection and documentation of own parts
* The ability to work as part of a small team using your own initiative is imperative
The successful applicant must be qualified in the relevant engineering discipline and have at least five years experience working in a similar production environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with the necessary experience and drive to join a company that is renowned for its high staff retention and interesting engineering work whilst being part of a close knit company that values its staff.
The successful candidate will enjoy benefits including:
Excellent rate of pay negotiable depending on experience
Very Generous overtime rates (double pay rate)
39 hours per week
Normal Working Hours: 8am - 4pm Mon - Thurs & 8am - 3.25pm Friday.
Average earnings for holiday pay
33 days holiday per annum
If you meet the above criteria please apply now as interviews are taking place soon with immediate starts.