Agile Software Tester
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work with one of the most vibrant, exciting and dynamic organisations in the east coast on Scotland as a Agile Software Tester. Working in Edinburgh city centre as part of an experienced Test team this role will give an experienced Software Tester the chance to get heavily involved in projects and end to end software list cycle take ownership on the business financial systems.
The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for quality assuring all aspects of software delivery from feasibility and requirements to build and live running.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Test planning, analysis and design
- Test implementation and execution
- Evaluating exit criteria and reporting
- Feedback to development teams
- Release cycle management and version control
- Management of the client relationship through the acceptance process
- Communication of client UAT roles and responsibilities to ensure the right things happen at the right times
- Capture of client feedback from the acceptance process for use in future product development or releases.
- Adhering to the firm's Information Security standards, policies and procedures.
- Strong experience of Agile software testing, ideally in a financial services environment (ideally pensions) but this is not a deal breaker
- Manual scripted, experience based (e.g. exploratory)
- automated functional testing (would be desirable)
- Database interrogation, database query writing, analysis and testing (preferably in SQL) (required)
- Non-functional, i.e. browser/device compatibility and performance testing (preferred)
- Experience of an agile, preferably Scrum and BDD development environment (Three Amigos Process knowledge would be beneficial but not essential) (working closely with Business Analysts and Developers)
- Ability to work on portfolio of projects with internal and external stakeholders
- ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation level certified preferred
- Testing tools, ideally Microsoft Test Manager (MTM), Team Foundation Server / Visual Studio Team Services, SQL Server Management Studio, SpecFlow, Protractor, Selenium
- Broad based knowledge of computer-based products and services
- Experience of environments where technology needs to be fully exploited
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established testing team and work with a variety of software in an Agile environment within a greenfield project environment.
The client offers competitive salary, formal training and an excellent benefits package.