DEPUTY OPERATIONS MANAGER
**** Deputy Operations Manager ****
REED are currently recruiting for a Conference and Banqueting Manager on behalf of one of Edinburgh's' highest profile clients.
Key responsibilities for the position:
- Work directly for the Head of Catering and Hospitality to manage the smooth running of the day to day operation across multiple sites.
- Provide management, motivation and support to a growing hospitality team which includes duty managers, supervisors, chefs and casual waiting and bar staff.
- Drive the operation and support the growth of income streams through hospitality operations, conference and banqueting events.
- Work closely with the Head of Catering and Hospitality in the areas of recruitment and selection, training and delivery schedules as per the requirements of the team and in line with licensing and food hygiene legal compliance requirements.
- Achieve and maintain operational excellence by providing a culture of high customer service standards in food and drink to build upon the first-class reputation achieved to date.
- Plan and optimise appropriate staffing levels for the multi-site venues including venue management cover in line with the needs of the business requirements.
- Work closely with the Events Sales Co-ordinator on the requirements of the functions each week to ensure the Client's needs are met and exceeded through excellent operational customer service delivery.
- Work closely with the Head of Catering and Hospitality to set a yearly budget and staff KPI's in line with the business strategy for the operation and then ensure that teams meet those KPIs.
- Work closely with marketing and sales in the creation and execution of campaigns.
Essential Experience Required:
- A Proven record of event operations with large foot-fall
- 5+ Years management experience within a similar operation
- A Passion for food and drink
- Computer literacy
- An ability to demonstrate a financial acumen and budgeting experience
- Full Drivers license with access to a car.
If you have not heard back within 5 days of your application, you have been unsuccessful in this instance.
Reed Specialist Recruitment is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and temporary recruitment. In response to your application Reed will contact you by phone, email or SMS to discuss it and related opportunities. You can opt out at any time using the links provided.