Environmental Health Officer, County Buildings, 409.36, CD 26/08/2018
Environmental Health Officer level 1
An opportunity exists for a highly motivated person to be part of the successful environmental health team. The successful candidate will hold relevant professional qualifications in environmental health.
You will be aware of personal safety issues related to the post and work with appropriate caution.
Further information is available from Craig Smith, Environmental Health Manager
the skills and knowledge you must have:-
- REHIS Diploma in Environmental Health (or equivalent professional qualification).
- Demonstration of ongoing professional development.
- Experience of dealing with a wide cross section of people, with particular reference to dealing with members of the public and businesses.
- Experience of handling complaints.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Administrative skills with regards to record keeping; report writing and; analysis of issues.
- Ability to build good relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Ability to handle conflict.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to deal positively with change.
- Ability to take personal responsibility and make decisions
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and self motivate.
- Ability to research and investigate issues on their own initiative.
- Influencing skills.