Advanced Pupil Support Worker x 3, Connolly School Campus, 409.04, CD 26/08/2018, INTERNAL APPLICANT
Applications for this post will only be accepted from current employees of West Lothian Council (this includes casual and agency staff who are currently undertaking work for us)
(Information for Internal Staff - Secondment opportunities must be discussed with your current line manager prior to submitting an application for this post).
Advanced Pupil Support Workers
2 x Permanent, 27.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per year salary pro rata to hours and weeks
1 x Fixed Term to 18 August 2019, 27.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per year salary pro rata to hours and weeks
The key duties of this post are:
- to work with and support school pupils by undertaking a range of activities relating to the general supervision, safety, care and wellbeing of pupils under the direction of the designated teacher; and
- to act as a facilitator for the full participation and integration of children and young people with severe to complex needs.
The skills and experience you must have are:
- the ability to demonstrate experience and knowledge required to carry out the higher level duties outlined in the job description;
- a working knowledge of alternative communication methods; and
- the ability to undertake training and apply your learning to the care of the pupils with severe and complex needs (e.g. administering medication)
- SSSC registration (or must be obtained within six months of appointment)
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by West Lothian Council.