Clerical Assistant, Dedridge Primary School, Fixed Term, 409.02, CD 26/08/2018, INTERNAL APPLICANTS
Applications for this post will only be accepted from current employees of West Lothian Council (this includes casual and agency staff who are currently undertaking work for us)
Clerical Assistant 18 hours per week, 39 weeks per year salary pro rata to hours and weeks per year.
Fixed Term to 06 January 2019
(Information for Internal Staff - Secondment opportunities must be discussed with your current line manager prior to submitting an application for this post).
To assist with the efficient support in the operation of all administrative processes within the school.
Assists senior staff by providing accurate, up to date information in various key areas including finance and pupil information. Delivers first line enquiry service to all internal and external school contacts.
The Clerical Assistant reports directly to the Administrative Assistant in Primary Schools
The post holder will support Administrative Assistant in the effective implementation of all administrative and financial functions within the school e.g. prioritising, multi tasking, devising new administrative systems to capture data and produce reports, meet deadlines and targets, set and controlled by school year/events.
- General Administration in accordance with defined guidelines and procedures
- Data Management – Assisting with the maintenance of all information kept within the school in accordance with Data Protection requirements.
- Communication - Front line contact for the school.
- Security/Health & Safety – Assist with the operation, maintenance and allocation of School security as required. .
- ICT – Assist with the implementation of school MIS systems.
- Finance - Ensure efficient and accurate information is available on all school finances by utilising appropriate systems.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by the West Lothian Council
INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY