Customer Service Assistant, Livingston & Calders, 409.42, CD 26/08/2018
20 hrs per week, Fixed Term until 31 January 2019, salary pro rata to hours per week
The closing date for this post is provisionally set at 26 August 2018. West Lothian Council reserve the right to close this post early depending on applicant response levels
West Lothian Council currently applies a living wage supplement to all employees earning less than £8.51 per hour.
Please note that although a base location has been given the post holder will be required to work from other buildings within the service.
Customer and Community Services are looking to recruit a Customer Service Assistant. We require a friendly, confident, hardworking and reliable person who wants to succeed in customer services. The post holder will work as a member of a customer focussed team delivering a range of tasks and services in our Libraries, Community Centres and Partnership Centres including:
- Dealing with customer enquiries (eg concessionary travel, Blue Badges, council tax and rent account queries)
- Working in Payment Offices (money handling)
- Reception duties and queue management
- Providing basic IT support to customers
- Handling book stock and carrying out other duties in Libraries
- Supporting the delivery of customer events (eg Bookbug, author visits)
You will assist in meeting and exceeding customer expectations, working and supporting the local community within legislation and adhering to West Lothian Council policies and procedures.
You will be required to demonstrate that you can work within a busy, changing environment, respond
to the needs of customers in a helpful and proactive way and demonstrate a willingness to learn
and evolve with the service as it changes and develops.