Clerical Assistant, Admin Team 1, Civic Centre, 409.29, CD 26/08/2018
Clerical Assistant, 36 hours per week, based in Admin Team 1, West Lothian Civic Centre, fixed term to 31 January 2019
The closing date for this post is provisionally set at 26 August 2018. West Lothian Council reserve the right to close this post early depending on applicant response levels
Secondment opportunities must be discussed with your current line manager prior to submitting an application for this post.
Reporting to a Team Supervisor and working as part of the wider Social Policy Finance and Administrative Support Team the post holder will provide a range of clerical activities to teams across Social Policy. The post holder will have an agreed location as a base but may be required to provide cover and work in any Social Policy locations across West Lothian to meet planned or unplanned demands as when the need arises.
The skills and experience you must have are:
- Confident in the use of IT systems
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate effectively with service users, colleagues and managers at all levels
- Ability to work flexibly to meet deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Good written skills, with attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability to respond appropriately to customer needs