Senior Recruitment Consultant
We set up Harvey Nash Scotland in 2008; with just a couple of Consultants in a small office in Edinburgh’s West End. In the last 9 years, we have grown and continue to go from strength to strength. Just under three years ago we expanded into Glasgow to support our large West coast client portfolio.
As one of the fastest growing Harvey Nash businesses, we’re now looking to expand our talented and friendly Edinburgh team further. We work with some of Scotland’s most sought after employers - a client portfolio that ranges from massive blue-chip corporations to emerging tech start-ups, and includes Scotland’s Public Sector. The potential is limitless and we’re always adding to the list of people we work with.
This particular opportunity has arisen quite simply as we have so much work with our clients in Edinburgh. The successful individual will work on a dedicated permanent Technology desk with a secure client base and a range of new accounts to work with. This is a genuine opportunity to really hit the ground running and your earnings will have real potential to reach peak levels very quickly.
Our Edinburgh business has continuously grown over the past 9 years and it shows no sign of slowing down, with all our clients demanding continued high standards of delivery into their growing businesses. It really is a sweet spot and you’ll enjoy working with a small yet highly experienced Technology recruitment team. Whilst it would be highly advantageous to come from a Technology background, it is not a deal breaker.
Working for Harvey Nash offers challenges and rewards in equal measure. It’s a demanding and exciting role and the rewards on offer are unparalleled in the market. On top of the financial benefits you’ll get to work with a wider Scottish and UK team with access to an unrivalled client base.
What will I be doing?
• Expertise: Develop an in depth knowledge of a particular vertical specialism in Scotland. Contribute to thought leadership both internally and externally, writing blogs, attending events etc.
• Develop and Building Relationships: Build a strong network as a reputable recruitment solutions partner with both clients and candidates alike, engaging with businesses Scotland wide to promote our portfolio of services.
• Account Development and New Business: Drive client management activities to grow existing accounts. Lead creative initiatives to engage with new clients. Identify new opportunities, taking part in tender processes, bids and leading pitches for new wins.
• Delivery: Remain very hands on, sourcing candidates with niche skillsets across multiple channels. You will also be tasked with managing delivery of various recruitment solutions projects, with requirements that will vary depending on our client’s needs, and may require you to lead project teams of your colleagues and take responsibility for the quality of delivery.
What we’re looking for:
• Someone with a significant level of experience gained in a 360 Recruitment Consultancy role, with experience in professional recruitment (ideally Technology, but not restricted to this for the right person)
• Someone with a strong track record of generating new business and/ or growing existing accounts and cross selling opportunities.
• Recent knowledge and experience of working in the Scottish recruitment market is desirable.
• Someone who prides themselves on setting high standards outside of their own targets
What will I get in return?
• An excellent desk in a well-developed and opportunistic market
• Excellent networking opportunities through our world-class events and regular surveys
• A career development plan that you can help set and will be given the autonomy to drive forward
• A competitive salary with attractive OTE (uncapped, additional quarterly bonus and car allowance schemes)
• Access to company benefits: discounted local restaurants, pension, private healthcare, share option schemes, 25 days holiday plus public, closed over Christmas, season ticket loans and more
• We run a number of team and individual incentives
For more information, please get in touch with Pippa Hawker-Bond.