Assistant Store Manager (Team Manager) - Peterhead
Assistant Store Manager - Peterhead
£18,800 to £22,500 & great benefits
We have a number of opportunities across the Aberdeenshire area; perfect for someone who is looking for their next career step into a management position. Traditionally known for its historic heritage and agriculture and fishing industries, Aberdeenshire is a desirable location; now recognised for its development of the oil and gas industry and being the oil capital of Europe. With vacancies across the region, you'll get the exposure to manage a small team and support the running of a store, along with the scope and opportunities to develop and progress yourself too.
We do things differently at the Co-op. We're not owned by 1 person or a board of executives, over 4.6million active members contribute to the running and development of our business. We've gone through a lot of positive change over the last few years; we've rebranded, relaunched membership and we're exploring more ways to do business that's better for our members, customers and communities. Through our membership scheme, we've given back £20million to over 4000 causes across the UK over the last year. And it won't stop there. We project over £100million will go back to members and local communities by the end of 2018. We're investing £160million in our estate by opening 100 new stores and investing in 150 store refits in 2018 too. It truly is an amazing time to join us as an assistant store manager and to find out more about what it's like to work here visit coop.co.uk/storemanager.
In this role, you'll be working alongside your store manager to provide a consistently great customer experience in store. We'll look for you to make sure our colleagues fully understand what good customer service looks like, and the impact that poor service has on our business. As a manager, it'll be your responsibility to formulate a plan to involve the store in the local community, and actively lead your team to increase membership engagement. Above all, you'll be a role model to the team by taking pride in the way we present, handle and discuss our food with members and customers.
What you'll do:
- develop a strong working relationship with the store manager
- mentor and coach your team to deliver fantastic customer service in store
- create a great working environment for your team
- build strong links with the local community, and other nearby Co-op businesses
- lead the team to increase membership sign ups and engagement
- be a role model to your team to take pride in preparing, handling and presenting our food
- create a store environment that is safe and secure, for colleagues and our customers
- react quickly and positively to changing priorities in store
- alongside the store manager, look into new ways to increase sales, and improve store performance
- deputise for the store manager in their absence
To get going quickly, we'd look for you to be a confident and engaging leader, but this isn't crucial. More importantly, you'll be passionate about developing and leading teams of various sizes and ability. Community is a huge focus for us at the Co-op. So we'll look for you to understand the importance of building relationships and supporting your local community. You'll also have examples of where you've helped to increase business performance.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- you've got previous experience in retail or hospitality
- you've previously worked as a supervisor or manager, however this is only desirable
- you've managed teams of various sizes and ability, but this isn't essential
- you enjoy working with your local community and understand the reasons for doing this
- you've previously helped to improve business performance
- you enjoy working shoulder to shoulder with your colleagues on the shop floor
- you can effectively manage changing and often conflicting priorities
When you join the Co-op you'll become part of an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You'll also get a competitive salary, great holiday allowance, an annual incentive scheme, discounts on all kinds of products and services, and a pension with up to 10% employer contributions.
We're actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, enabling our colleagues to adjust their hours to accommodate personal circumstances. You can find out more about all our Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.