Assistant Co-ordinator Property Management FIF11366
Interview Date: Friday 21 September 2018
The job pack for this vacancy is attached at the bottom of the page. It provides more detailed information about the job and the type of person we are looking for.
All employees are expected to display and promote certain behaviours in the workplace. Our ‘How We Work Matters’ behaviour framework contains more information and is available via this link.
Before applying, it is important that you read the ‘Candidate Information’ by clicking on this link. The main Terms and Conditions and employment are available via the same link.
To assist Lead Officer – Property Management, on the day to day facility & property management of Economy, Planning & Employability business property portfolio, ranging from terraced industrial space, business centres and office headquarters. The delivery of a range of high quality Facility and Property Management services to assist and encourage companies to start-up, grow and relocate into Fife. Working in partnership with other Services within Fife Council and external Service providers and other organisations in the business support network.Requirements
This is an Assistant Co-Ordinator (Property Management) role, within Economic, Planning & Employability Service.
The role will be varied providing Facility & Property Management in relation to a large property portfolio, comprising Industrial, Business Centre and Office Headquarter space, including the following elements;
• Prepare, issue and monitor request for repairs & minor works
• Weekly / periodic property inspections for assigned business properties
• To assist with the management and monitoring of Service contracts
• To monitor and collate the Health & Safety compliance documentation in relation to the Business Property portfolio and current legislation
• Co-ordinate the tenancy application process from initial enquiry to lease conclusion
• Assist with condition / dilapidation surveys for all properties as and when required in conjunction with Estate Service
• Liaise with tenants at commencement / termination of lease in line with entry / egress procedures and throughout the lease term.
• To assist with the ongoing marketing of vacant business property through external / internal websites.
• To assist the Lead Officer – Property Management in the control and monitoring of all financial expenditure / income through Fife Council ERP system, including the reconciliation of all expenditure / income, raising of invoice requests and including the control, monitoring and reconciliation of Service Charges in relation to the business property portfolio.
• To assist the Lead Officer – Property Management in relation to debt management of the tenancies within the business property portfolio.
• To assist the Lead Officer – Property Management with the collation of Non Domestic Rates and NDR empty property rates relief in relation to the business property portfolio.
The post will be based at Kingdom House, Kingdom Avenue, Glenrothes with periodic visits to business properties located throughout Fife.
Minimum 1 day per week office rota cover until 5pmThe Individual
An enthusiastic individual with good interpersonal skills.
Able to work on own initiative and provide a regular and effective service
You should be a confident user of IT applications, showing ability to use packages effectively
Key skills required include numeracy, attention to detail, time management, customer service/care and organisational.
Working knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation
Working knowledge of Fife Council Financial Systems desirable
Experience of dealing with people and challenging situations
Experience of responding positively under pressure (deliver results)
The post holder should possess SVQ Level 3 or equivalent e.g HNC (Facility or Property Management desirable)
A property management or similar experience in dealing with business property would be desirable or working towards a facility management qualification
You must have the ability to travel throughout Fife.
For further information please contact: Derek Bayne onExt: 492183 or email