Cricket Development Officer
Communities and Families
Cricket Development Officer, fixed term 31 March 2021
Salary: £24,029 - £28,688
The purpose of the job is to promote and develop cricket in Edinburgh and to strive to achieve the key strategic objective of a `20% growth in committed participants by 2020` with a focus on the following:
• Supporting the development of vibrant, visible and viable clubs
• Driving growth through targeted segments – first experience, schools, modified formats, disability
• Delivering female specific programmes to maximise growth in the female game
• Attract, develop and retain quality coaches, officials and volunteers
• Organise and link the cricket community for maximum growth
We are looking for a dynamic, well organised and experienced sports development professional with excellent communication skills to develop cricket in the city.
The postholder (who must also hold a UKCC Level 2 or equivalent coaching qualification) needs to possess the ability to work across a range of programmes from 'All Stars' in the lower Primary through to Performance programmes. Building relationships with clubs particularly around the development of girls/womens cricket and the 'sport for change' agenda is a key priority in the foreseeable future.
This post is funded in partnership with Cricket Scotland and is jointly line managed by the Service Manager from Communities & Families and Cricket Scotland’s Head of Participation.
This post involves regular evening and weekend working.
This post is and considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by the City of Edinburgh Council.