RTS Operational Technology Project Manager
Job Title: RTS Operational Technology Project Manager
Salary: £44,195 - £58,371 (SSE 9) depending on skills and experience
Permanent | Full Time Hours | 37 hours per week
The RTS team provides a system design, project delivery and system support service for the Operational Applications that are used by the SSEN Network Management Centres to monitor and manage the Electricity Transmission and Distribution Networks.
The successful candidate will assume responsibility for Project Managing a portfolio of Operational Technology projects that will vary in size from projects with small budgets right up to larger projects with budgets of several million pounds.
You will be expected to work with a range of internal and external suppliers and service providers to deliver these projects within planned timescales and budgets and to manage the project governance in a manner that is appropriate to the size of the project.
Your Skills and Experience
To ensure you get the most from your role, and our customers receive the highest standard of service, we ask that you have the following to join us;
- Passion for working with technology
- Degree level (or equivalent) qualification in a Computing, Engineering or Science based discipline (or considerable practical experience in one of these areas).
- A Project Management qualification (APMP, PRINCE,etc.) and/or appropriate Project Management experience.
- A sound knowledge of the principles of software and hardware design
- Given the nature of the business it is expected that there will be some travel throughout the SSE area and a valid UK driving licence is required.
Whilst the above skills and experience are important, we also have several personal competencies that we look for in our partners;
- High regard for safety, embedding yourself in our safety culture and adhering to guidelines in everything you do is a key priority
- Outstanding customer relationship skills, and a commitment to providing a high level of service at all times
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable liaising with stakeholders at all levels, both internal and external
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to work to deadlines
- Self-motivated with strong communication skills and a natural ability for managing people and resources.
- Sound knowledge of IT, namely Microsoft packages including Word, Excel, Outlook and Project; a flair for picking up new IT systems is a great advantage
- Enthusiasm and drive with a flexible approach to work and an ability to adapt to changing business and project priorities
For us it's not just about being good at what you do - it's about enjoying what you do, too. So we'll encourage and empower you to be imaginative, share your great ideas, and do work that you can be proud of. In return for being your best for our customers, you'll also enjoy a variety of benefits and development opportunities. On top of a competitive salary, you'll enjoy generous holiday entitlement, a Group Pension Plan, share options and discounts on energy bills, phone and broadband.
At Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks (SSEN), our skilled teams operate and maintain our electricity distribution and transmission networks, carrying electricity to over 3.7 million homes across the north of the Central Belt of Scotland and Central Southern England.
Our Engineering and Investment teams provide the asset data, asset decision making standards and innovation to make this happen so that our front line customer staff have the tools to delight our customers and can carry out their job safely. We set the investment strategy, engineering standards and the network development plans for the Distribution business, ensuring we getting the most from our Network, and getting the most for our customers.
We have an excellent benefits package as part of our offering. Here's a few highlights;
- Generous holiday allowance (you can even buy additional holidays)
- Great share plans
- Group Pension Plan
- One day paid volunteering
- Tailored internal development opportunities
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn't take long.
Closing date for applications is: Thursday, 13 September 2018.
This vacancy is open to internal candidates only. If you're internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application.