Mobile Unit Service provider/driver
To operate mobility services from the new Mobile Unit, including the provision of powered scooters, powered wheelchairs, manual wheelchairs and volunteer companions. The Operator/Driver will be responsible for the allocation of the equipment, supervision of volunteers, maintaining usage records and fault reporting.
The Operator /Driver will perform a key role in the general management of the Mobile Service as well as driving the vehicle to and from various sites through out the city, carrying out mandatory visual inspections (as required by the Traffic Commissioner), ensuring that the vehicle is taken for its various mandatory checks and that any faults are reported to management so that the appropriate action can be taken to rectify them.
You will join an enthusiastic team and will be able to demonstrate the ability to work independently, show good administration skills and excellent communication capability.
- The Vehicle
- Carry out all necessary daily driver checks relating to the vehicle and complete the appropriate daily inspection forms.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive vehicle inspection and maintenance records.
- Adhere to and maintain accurate reporting procedures relating to mandatory checks and inspections of the vehicle
- Keep the interior of the vehicle in a clean and tidy condition to ensure the safety of staff, volunteers and members of the public.
- Ensure that all pieces of equipment are secured during transportation
- Undertake any other duties which may from time to time arise.
- Full UK Driving License
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of people.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and work with a variety of audiences
- Ability to supervise the activities of volunteers engaged in the delivery of this service
- Willingness to learn and undertake training
- Previous experience driving large vehicles
- An understanding of the importance of having the vehicle in a road worthy condition
- Basic knowledge of Health and Safety
- Previous experience working with or assisting people who have mobility difficulties, hearing loss, visual impairment, mental health issues or special educational needs
This role will require regular evening and weekend work. It is not envisaged that this will take the working week over 40 hours.
Due to this post having access to vulnerable adults, the successful applicant will be required to undergo a PVG (Protection of Vulnerable Groups) check.
Apply for Mobile Unit Service provider/driver
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly