Shout Magazine Editorial Intern
Shout magazine is looking for the perfect candidate to join the team for a 2-week paid internship which will offer a comprehensive overview of magazine publishing.
The successful applicant will be hosted at DCT Media's Dundee headquarters, with travel and accommodation covered.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, you need to be:
- Passionate about magazines and media.
- Knowledgeable about what makes teens tick; you should have an excellent awareness of relevant YouTubers, celebrities, music, TV, film and other pop culture influences.
- Full of content ideas for both print and online.
- Fantastic at writing, with excellent grammar and proof-reading skills.
There are no academic requirements for this role. Personality and passion is what we're looking for!
The internship will allow you to:
- Gain experience in writing copy for a national magazine.
- Learn about the process of creating a magazine from start to finish.
- Work closely with the Editor, and design and editorial staff, and benefit from their mentoring.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and chatty cover letter. The cover letter is your chance to shine – it should give us a good sense of your personality and your reasons for applying for the position, along with your thoughts on Shout and the teen and children’s magazine market as a whole.
For further information, please visit careers.dcthomson.co.uk
Closing date for applications is Monday 22nd October 2018.