Financial Modelling Manager
Job Title Financial Modelling Manager
Salary: £36,900 - £56,500 depending on skills and experience.
Permanent Full Time Hours with Flexible working patterns available - 37 hours per week
This role will primarily be responsible for preparing and managing long-term forecast models, which are important to the Networks companies due to the long-term nature of our price controls. This will involve interaction with the business to understand regulatory aims and priorities as well as a sound understanding of the regulatory mechanism. Modelling of current performance and price control to date metrics are further key responsibilities for this role. The role is heavily corporate finance focussed and the successful candidate should be equipped to work with the business through complex issues to support key decision making priorities.
This is a varied and challenging role with primary responsibilities as follows:
1) Preparing and managing long-term forecast models for the Networks businesses using knowledge of the price control mechanisms and business plan metrics, to inform both the Networks business and wider SSE plc Group;
2) Execution of Networks company-specific price control financial modelling to support business decisions and forecasting responsibilities;
3) Preparation and involvement in the development of the new form of regulatory performance reporting to the Regulator, with the aim of making our regulatory performance understandable externally;
4) Provision of financial support for RIIO-1 and involvement in RIIO-2, as well as support for the transition to Distribution System Operator (DSO);
5) Establishing and maintaining a working relationship with the Regulator, specifically relating to price control queries.
It is expected that the this role will evolve as the successful individual obtains industry knowledge and expertise, including handling external queries from investors, analysts and credit rating agencies.
* Supporting the Regulatory Finance Manager and Director of Finance through leading the preparation of long-term forecasts, covering both RIIO-1 and RIIO-2;
* Responsible for both specific and day-to-day modelling requests and improving the robustness of the models currently in place;
* Preparation of the new form of regulatory performance reporting to the Regulator, including involvement with business assurance and compliance;
* Representing SSEN at external meetings with the Regulator and other Network Operators, ensuring SSEN's position is asserted accordingly;
* Building strong working relationships with key stakeholders (both internal and external), including the Regulator, network operators, the business, wider finance teams, regulation and other corporate functions.
Your skills and Experience
* Qualified accountant with significant post qualified experience (ICAS, ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA or CIPFA) or with a suitable alternative financial qualification (for example CFA);
* Financial modelling experience;
* Willing to undertake a varied and challenging role (this may include finance based responsibilities such as finance business partnering, regulatory finance, corporate finance and long term planning);
* Able to work to tight timescales, under pressure and deliver to a high standard;
* Is pro-active and uses initiative to develop financial models and outputs;
* Comfortable reviewing legal/regulatory documentation (primarily finance related elements);
* Overall the candidate will need to be assertive, pro-active and diligent in their approach and be willing to undertake challenging tasks often beyond their 'comfort zone'.
* Understanding of financial systems, data management, and general application of estimation and calculation methodologies would be highly advantageous.
* Our Company
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Passionate about people and proud of our award winning customer service, we go to great lengths to extend these values to our employees. This enables our diverse workforce the flexibility and opportunity of developing to their full potential. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
Lots of good things, including 34 days' holidays (inclusive of public holidays), pension plans and paid volunteering days. Click here for a full breakdown; http://sse.com/careers/benefits-and-development/
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn't take long.
Closing date for applications is: Thursday 18th October 2018