Framework Contracts Manager
Job Title: Framework Contracts Manager
Location: Perth / Aberdeen / Inverness
Salary: £39,413 - £52,055 depending on skills and experience + car/cash allowance
Permanent | Full Time Hours | 37 hours per week
This role holds wide spanning responsibilities, allowing you vast exposure to the team and business activities. You will take the responsibility for the successful management and delivery of contractor frameworks across the Scottish & Southern Electricity Networks part of the Business.
As part of the Framework team you will lead the implementation of the commercial, contractual & compliance support service within the regions on the following framework contracts: Overhead Line, Primary Substation Electrical Installation & Civil Works, Cabling up to 33KV, Cable Plough, Automation, Rising Lateral & Mains, Jointing and all other approved frameworks that will be required to deliver the output for our network.
In addition, you will be responsible for ensuring a rigorous control environment is in place to effectively manage competence, risk, compliance and value across the portfolio of contracts. The role will require you to manage, co-ordinate and carry out quarterly reviews with senior management from the business and contractors focusing on performance within key areas, Safety, Programme, Quality and Cost.
Your Skills and Experience
To ensure you get the most from your role, and our customers receive the highest standard of service, we ask that you have the following to join us;
- Relevant qualifications in construction / contract management or vast experience in a similar role is essential
- Ability to produce commercial and contractual management reports
- Demonstrable experience of working within a commercial / contractual environment
- Ability to carry out meaningful and influential presentations
- Full UK driving licence is required as your role will involve a degree of travel between regional offices and sites
Whilst the above skills and experience are important, we also have several personal competencies that we look for in our colleagues;
- High regard for safety, embedding yourself in our safety culture and adhering to guidelines in everything you do is a key priority
- Outstanding customer relationship skills, and a commitment to providing a high level service at all times
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable liaising with stakeholders at all levels, both internal and external
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to work to deadlines
- Sound knowledge of IT, namely Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and Outlook; a flair for picking up new IT systems is a great advantage
- Enthusiasm and drive with a flexible approach to work and an ability to adapt to changing business and project priorities
At Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks (SSEN), our skilled teams operate and maintain our electricity distribution and transmission networks, carrying electricity to over 3.7 million homes across the north of the Central Belt of Scotland and Central Southern England.
Operations are responsible for keeping the lights on; we are at the front line on the Network. If we find a fault, it is our responsibility to respond to the fault, and dispatch our skilled teams to fix it as quickly as possible. We work in all hours, and through all weathers, ensuring our customers are never without power.
We have an excellent benefits package as part of our offering. Here's a few highlights;
- Generous holiday allowance (you can even buy additional holidays)
- Great share plans
- Group Pension Plan
- One day paid volunteering
- Tailored internal development opportunities
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn't take long.
Closing date for applications is: Thursday, 25 October 2018.
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you're internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you're successful, we'll conduct some pre-employment checks.