Senior Operations Supervisor Tour Company
Senior Operations Supervisor (Tour Company)
Vacancy Type: Perm/Full-time
Salary: £24,000 - £28,000 DOE
RZ Group has been tasked to find an experienced Senior Operations Supervisor to assist with our clients growing business. You will have a strong logistical background with a proven ability to manage staff and vehicles, as well as assisting with administration duties. Excellent communication skills and a knowledge fundamental vehicle (bus) management is essential.
The Senior Operations Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing the daily business of our clients' operations department, including staff scheduling, vehicle maintenance/scheduling, guests' accommodation and general administration duties. The successful candidate will also support the Operations Manager with recruitment and staff training, while working closely with the Sales and Marketing Manager to design new tour products and grow the Private Tours arm of the business.
Responsibilities and Duties:
* Supporting the Operations Manager with staff and vehicle scheduling
* Ensuring the smooth operation of all tour products on a daily basis
* Accurate record keeping and administration of vehicle defects and servicing
* Supporting the Operations Manager with staff recruitment, training, and development
* Managing vehicle yard space and ensuring there are adequate stock levels of supplies
* Ongoing development/improvement to the company's tour/product portfolio
* Ensuring Driving staff are kept up to date with new company policy/changes to the legal driving regulations
* Supporting the Reservations Coordinator and Sales and Marketing Manager
* On a daily basis, you will support the Customer Service and Reservations functions of the business.
? Full category D PCV License and valid CPC (Held for at least 2 years) is essential
? Basic knowledge of vehicle (bus) maintenance is essential
? Knowledge/Background in the Scottish tourism (specifically coach tour) industry - at least 2 years - is essential
? Experience in organising/designing and pricing private tours is desirable
? Experience of delivering outstanding customer service in the tourism industry
? The candidate must be passionate about Scotland's history, culture and landscapes
? Existing relationships with suppliers of accommodation and attractions throughout the Scottish Highlands and islands would be desirable, but not essential
? Previous Supervisory or Managerial experience would be advantageous
? Must be available to work a shift pattern that includes weekends.