Communications and Facilities Administrator
Title: Communications and Facilities Administrator
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Salary: £19,500 - £21,500
My client is a leading prime contractor and systems integrator responsible for a wide portfolio of high technology programmes, complex integration, training and through-life support, spanning the defence domain. They currently require a Comms and Facilities Assistant to join them on a permanent basis at their office in Helensburgh.
Specific Job Description
- The role will report to Head of Security, Trade Compliance and Communications with dotted line report to ESH Lead.
- Role is to run and deliver the communications function and day-to-day running of the East King Street office facility. The main tasks are detailed as follows but not limited to –
- Support to communications function – issuing weekly communications newsletter to all staff, any ad-hoc emergent daily comms as required, issuing monthly newsletters, distribution of articles of interest from press/social media to leadership team, maintaining tracker log of communications events ensuring required approvals in place prior to delivery. Updating and maintaining staff communications SharePoint platforms and intranet site. Preparing power point presentations, drafting articles about staff events/achievements for sharing within the company and very occasional press releases.
- EKS front of house cover – answering doors and telephones, including processing security visit access requests and booking meeting room and catering facilities as required. Greeting visitors, including ESH/Security brief delivery for all visitors
- Co-ordination of all aspects of running the EKS office facility – weekly fire alarm testing, fire warden, call-out for repairs to boilers/alarms etc, arranging for emergency lighting testing is completed as required, co-ordination with the landlord and other tenants as required, stock levels for stationary, printers cartridges, franking machine top-up & mail handling & ordering of other sundry supplies as required.
- Any other appropriate support as required for communications functions and by the office facility
- This post can also be considered as a Job Share position for applicants that wish to work part time.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Prior experience working in an administrative function
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Able to work as part of a team, whilst also able to work on own initiative
- Prior experience of collating staff newsletters
- Excellent Microsoft Office and computers skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and Adobe Photoshop.
- Prior experience using SharePoint to update content.
- Prior experience of working in an office environment with an understanding of the day-to-day requirements of running an office facility
- Good awareness of health and safety requirements
- Good organisational skills
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy.
We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.