Chess are currently seeking an enthusiastic and talented Developer to join their growing Digital Development team, reporting into the Senior Developer Leader based at our Paisley Office.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in web development and project delivery, coupled with strong communication skills. You must be highly motivated with a strong desire to maintain and deliver business solutions to the highest standard. You will work within an agile team to deliver business solutions to a wide range of clients; from small business to large enterprise.
Chess are one of the UK’s leading Voice, Connect, Cloud, Cybersecurity and Digital solution providers, helping over 30,000 businesses grow through innovative technology and expert advice.
Not only do we pride ourselves on our award-winning service, we are also extremely proud to have been placed 1st in ‘The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work for’ list 2018 after 9 consecutive years in the top 100.
- Minimum 3 years’ in C#, Asp.Net, MVC, SQL Server, RESTful APIs
- Umbraco and Microsoft Azure experience is desirable
- Experience of Agile methodologies and the Scrum framework
- Clear understanding of emerging industry trends and standards
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Goal oriented, responsible, proactive and independent
Languages, Frameworks & Platforms:
- C#, .NET, MVC, HTML 5, CSS 3, Angular, Microsoft Azure, SharePoint.
- Agile (Scrum), Unit testing, TDD, Continuous integration, Source Control
- SQL Server, MongoDB
- Visual Studio, Git, SQL Server Management Studio
Basic salary: Up to £35,000 depending on experience.
Benefits include: Pension, Health Care, Life Assurance and Loyalty Scheme, Company Online Benefits – where you can save money on almost all of your lifestyle expenses from buying a car to eating out in a restaurant. In addition, we offer free food each day for breakfast club (and lunch at certain sites) and we have wellbeing social clubs with the options to do things such as Yoga, Running, walking.
Hours: 37½ hours per week Monday to Friday, normal office hours apply.
Holiday Allowance: 20 days paid holiday p.a. increased upon anniversaries, ultimately to 24 days p.a., plus public holidays.
Our growth creates opportunity for everyone to progress their career, to develop knowledge and skill, to gain reward and recognition and to maximise their potential. The growth and success of our people ensures the growth and success of our business. We believe that “if you’re not growing, we’re not growing”.
If you are looking for a career that brings exciting challenges and opportunities, then Chess is the place for you.