Warehouse Team Manager
At Gist Limited we are constantly raising the standard in everything we do to achieve our vision of being the customer's first choice for logistics innovation, excellence and partnership.
We recognise that the key to our success is our people. For us to deliver the best service to our customers, maintain a strong reputation and continue to grow we need to recruit and develop the right people.
What's the opportunity?
As a Warehouse Team Manager at Gist you will be running an operational section of our business, overseeing the vast activity to ensure that we are meeting our customers' needs and pushing to exceed them at all times.
You will be responsible for up to 35 operatives on night shifts (any 5 from 7) at our Motherwell depot. Our Motherwell site was previously located in Bellshill before moving to our new 100,000 sqft facility in September 2017 due to business growth.
You will be dedicated to ensuring your people engaged, well managed and perform to the highest standards against set key performance indicators. You will act as an advocate of the Gist culture, values and safety standards. You'll also hold regular briefings and meetings with your team, providing them with a platform to suggest their own ideas to improve overall service standards to our customer.
- Having a clear operational plan - always bearing in mind the bigger picture and the end customer whose standards and expectations we need to meet.
- Understanding the wider business objectives and in line with this, looking for ways in which to reduce cost, improve service etc.
- Investigating any service or operational failures to ensure they are understood and prevented in future.
- Leading the way in terms of best practice regarding safety and ensuring your team understand the importance of being safe in the workplace at all times.
- Quickly and efficiently record and report any safety incidents that may arise.
- Addressing issues such as disciplinaries, grievances, absences etc…
- Assisting in the recruitment of new team members in line with the Gist values and behaviours.
- Evaluate the performance of both Gist permanent employees and agency staff and provide constructive and clear feedback to aid in personal & professional development.
What will you need to succeed?
- Excellent management style - encouraging, inspiring and enabling the team around you to be the very best they can be.
- An innovative approach to leadership - being creative and implementing new ways to improve performance.
- The ability to identify and evaluate potential risks and develop solutions.
- A good understanding of reporting and recording performance statistics.
- Having a good understanding of computer and warehouse management systems.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- A familiarity with working in a unionised environment.
- The desire to fully embrace being part of a wider team - happy to lend a hand to others where needed.
- Prior experience in a multi-temperature warehousing environment
- Strong health and safety knowledge or relevant qualifications
Where will Gist take you?We are always focused on developing our people to enable them to reach their full potential. If you have the drive, aspiration and flexibility required, we can offer excellent development opportunities to ensure you build a successful and rewarding career with Gist.
We offer an attractive benefits package, which includes a competitive basic salary, pension, healthcare, 25 days annual leave and an industry leading bonus scheme.
Gist is an award-winning supply chain specialist that combines an integrated network of people, experience and expertise to transform supply chains. With industry-specific understanding and excellence, Gist's solutions bring end-to-end visibility and implementation, from concept to delivery.
Operating in a wide range of commercial and industrial sectors, including grocery, food service and gas, Gist works in partnership with customers such as Starbucks, EAT, Marks and Spencer, Tesco, Morrisons and 2 Sisters Food Group.