Location - Glasgow
- Leading Software Focused Consultancy
- Competitive Salary (Up to £60k)
- Flexible Working, Bonus structure, Development plan
Alscient is a technology focussed business providing solution delivery and managed services across Data & CRM, Applications, Cloud, Cyber Security and Infrastructure. As a member of the team you will have the chance to work with a diverse set of customers in a range of industries, using different technologies.
We are looking for a talented and passionate senior front-end web developer who has strong technical and people management skills, who is looking to move into a more senior position.
Our ideal candidate will have delivered multiple web site deployments using a number of different web front end technologies.
The successful candidate will lay the blueprint for a greenfield MVC application development and be happy to mentor more junior developers.
- Excellent CSS and HTML
- Ability to setup a continuous build and integration environment
- Experience of setting Development Standards and performing Code Reviews
- Experience of designing large scale web solutions, microservices and service oriented architectures
- Strong communication skills
- Keen to continuously learn and share knowledge with others
- Experience of working with containerization technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Exposure to wider AWS technologies (e.g. API Gateway, Lambda, CodeCommit, CodeDeploy)
- Experience of creating enterprise-grade Java applications
- Experience of working with web service technologies
We are a fast-growing business in a fast-moving industry and we're looking for motivated people who can help us push the company forward. Our people are our company and we work hard to give them a satisfying, fulfilling and rewarding experience. We have a large number of FTSE 100, FTSE 250 and public sector customers and can therefore provide a lot of opportunity for career development both in terms of breadth as well as depth.
Being a small business, we need to be able to learn quickly and adapt, and we will need you to do the same, which could mean getting involved in tasks outside of your core role.
We work in a friendly and supportive atmosphere in a light, open plan office which promotes collaboration and teamwork. You won't find anyone hiding away in their own office, and the most senior members of the team mix with the least experienced.
We encourage taking responsibility and want our people to have a sense of ownership, not just of the areas they work in, but of the company as a whole. You will be actively encouraged to contribute to our success by putting forward ideas and suggestions for how we can do things better, and we will work with you to ensure that you too are constantly improving and progressing your career in the way you want.
Apply now and our recruitment partner Fruition IT will contact you with further information and discuss the next steps.