Joint Headteacher FIF11974
Contract Type: Temporary until 31 March 2019
Interview Date: Week commencing 22 October 2018
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on thislink and the attached Job Pack. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for. The main terms and conditions of employment are also available via the above link.
The role of the Headteacher is, within the resources available, to develop, improve and manage the schools to the benefit of the pupils, their parents and the community the school serves, through pursuing the objectives and implementing policies set by Fife Council Education Children’s Services, under the overall direction of the Executive Director of Education and Children’s Services. As a senior officer of the Service, the Headteacher shall also support and contribute to the development of the Council’s objectives and policies, as appropriate.Requirements
Before confirming appointment, you will be required to be registered with the General Teaching Council (GTCS) and obtain Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme Membership through Disclosure Scotland.Responsibilities
Key responsibilities include:
- Steering the creation and the sharing of the strategic vision, ethos and aims of the school(s).
- Promoting an inclusive community that values diversity and challenges discrimination.
- Building, maintaining and reviewing partnerships with other professions and agencies to support the learning, pastoral and emotional needs of learners.
- Setting, and communicating clearly, high expectations of the quality of teaching and assessment at all stages in the school(s).
- Making best strategic and operational use of available resources to create, maintain and enhance an appropriate learning environment for effective teaching and learning and to support improvement.
Managing the safety and welfare of all within the school premises, giving due regard to health and safety legislation.The Individual
Fife Council is looking to recruit a talented and committed Headteacher in applying new learning with enthusiasm. They should be confident and able to demonstrate they are an experienced and innovative practitioner who will take on a lead role in curricular development and assist in the leadership of all aspects of school life. They should have a sound and detailed knowledge and understanding of the relevant aspects of the Curriculum for Excellence 3-18 as well as possessing good leadership skills to deliver on improvement priorities and be able to demonstrate they have a commitment to the vision, values and core priorities in the development of education, teaching and learning which meets the needs of all pupils.
Whilst demonstrating these competencies, in Fife Council our How We Work Matters framework is at the heart of our local authority. Our Headteachers will be responsible for being a role model by displaying and promoting behaviours that are expected of all council employees:
- Take ownership
- Focus on customers
- Work together
- Embrace technology & information
- Deliver results
For further information please contact:Clark Graham - + ext 444188 or