MECHANICAL MAINTENANCE ENGINEER
My client is a well-established, meat processing company with sites throughout the UK and Europe.
They currently have an opportunity for an experienced MECHANICAL MAINTENANCE ENGINEER to join the team at their site in Saltcoats, Ayrshire.
- To perform day to day maintenance of plant and manufacturing equipment to ensure continuity of production.
- Ensuring machine breakdowns are addressed in a timely manner and closure is reached on all repairs. Conducts equipment preventative maintenance to PPM schedule.
- Work in partnership with engineering manager and department managers to ensure potential problems are addressed before they impact machine uptimes.
- Equipment breakdown support
- Machine uptime improvement
- PM Schedule adherence/review – preventive maintenance
- Willingness to lie on after finish time if a major breakdown arises
- Expert system maintenance
- Project support
- Equipment installation and commissioning
- Equipment safety and risk assessment
- Proactive approach/right first-time attitude
- Develops equipment design to increase robustness while maintaining manufacturing support.Providing technical input to improvement team activity and driving cost reductions via equipment improvements/local sourcing.
- Analyses problems to root cause.
- Demonstrates complete business awareness and the impact of process changes to the business as a whole.
- May undertake supplier training at vendor site.Will interface with local suppliers on a re-sourcing basis and possible communication with regulatory bodies.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Qualified Mechanical Engineering, ideally at HNC / HND level or has gained proven practical experience
- Experience in the overhaul, repair and modification of manufacturing equipment and pneumatic systems within a medium to high volume food manufacturing environment.
- Computer literate.
- Professional, effective communicator capable of interfacing at all levels across departments
Must be well organised, self-motivated and able to work unsupervised either individually or part of a multi-disciplined team.
42.5 hours per week.Monday – Friday 6-8am starts, rotational Saturday (around 1 in 4).Candidates must be flexible to work off shift and cover holidays on shift to meet the demands of the business.