Quantity Surveyor Building
Previous experience working with a Building Contractor
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Working with a multi-million-pound building contractor who provides bespoke, turn-key solutions, carrying out every aspect of a project, from financing, design, development and construction, the business has been appointed as the principal contractor for a number of projects around the central belt of Scotland and is entering another period of growth.
- Preparation of internal commercial reporting and any other reports which may be required
- Preparation of Valuations/Applications for Payment with full supporting documentation in accordance with the contract
- Preparation of Cost Reports to the Client with contractually compliant supporting documentation
- Preparation and management of subcontract and material procurement schedules
- Administration of subcontractor/supplier accounts from the preparation of detailed requisitions, monitoring and authorisation of subcontract payments through to agreement of final accounts
- Undertake the contract administration, including change management and maintain associated registers
- Identifying commercial risks, opportunities, value engineering and change
- Utilise the costing system
- Assist in cost control/cost mitigation
- Use the cost allocation/coding which satisfies both internal and external requirements
- Measurement of quantities in accordance with the standard methods of measurement as required
- Maintain site records
- Adhere to group procedures
- Positive engagement with Client equivalent position
- Assist in the preparation of project final accounts
- Drafting of subcontracts including professional services
- Identification of insurance claims and understanding policy coverage
- Cash Management including WIP control and cash flow production
- Commercially astute. Knowledge of Standard Forms of Contract and Standard Methods of Measurement.
- Computer literate with strong skills in Microsoft Office Applications (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint)
- Good communication skills including presentations and ability to negotiate and persuade others.
- Experience within a construction/engineering/similar and commercial background.
Please apply or call in confidence