Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 DOE
Benefits: 9% discretionary bonus at target, 28 + 8 days holiday, Pension, Flexi Benefits
Royal London is the largest mutual life, pensions and investment company in the UK, with Group funds under management of £114 billion and latest ProfitShare pay out to members of £142 million. Group businesses provide around 9.0 million policies and employ 3,669 people. (Figures quoted are as at 10 May 2018).
Founded as a Friendly Society in a London coffee shop in 1861, Royal London started out with the aim to help people avoid the stigma of a pauper's grave. Since then we have been helping people help themselves and are committed to delivering the best value for customers and putting members first.
Due to continued expansion within PMO and the launch of a number of exciting change and transformation programmes, we have an exciting permanent opportunity for a PMO Lead to join our Group Technology and Change division in Edinburgh.
We are looking for a talented PMO Lead, with experience of working on large change programmes or portfolios. We are seeking an ambitious and tenacious individual with a strong will to succeed and progress in their career. They should be comfortable with dealing with stakeholders at all levels and challenging existing working practices.
The main purpose of the role is to provide governance, assurance and operational support which ensures the successful delivery of Change initiatives across GTC, working with key stakeholders across RLG using specialist skills. Operating with a focus on adherence to RLG methodologies and processes by tracking, maintaining, reporting and escalating people, financial and change delivery information.
The PMO Lead will undertake a specialist and proactive role in embedding the RL change methodologies, ensuring interdependencies are managed strategically, reporting anomalies and/or areas of concern to senior management. They will also lead and direct less experienced staff in applying these competencies.
- Support key change delivery stakeholders in managing delivery of the overall GTC Change agenda in line with RLG Change Methodology
- Provide PMO expertise , working to monitor the health of change initiatives within and supporting PMs with quality and control actions
- Take ownership and management of Change Control , RAIDs, monthly budget controls
- Working autonomously, the ability to define planning standards to deliver complex and strategic change
- Motivate and drive team when embedding change
- Apply risk management techniques in day to day role
- Strong influencing, conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Proven experience of working within a similar Lead PMO position
- Knowledge of change methodologies e.g. MSP, Prince 2. Background or understanding of Agile methodology would be beneficial.
- Experience of Portfolio, Programme and Project management offices (e.g. P3O, MOP)
- Detailed understanding of risk management frameworks
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft application packages
- Experience in negotiation, conflict resolution and facilitation skills
- Track record coaching and mentoring less experienced team members
- Experience of cost control and management for change initiatives
- Experience of contracts processes and resource management
- Flexibility, positive and willingness to learn
Royal London is an equal opportunities employer. We work hard to attract the best talent for our award-winning team. We believe that embracing difference makes us stronger. Our diverse people bring us different skills - whatever their educational background, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for all our roles. We also welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break.
To apply, please use the 'Apply Online' link below
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact Danny Palmer on 01173 126779 or